It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Of course it had to do with the camera - it is a third-person shooter :-p I dunno if I've ever played one where I was satisfied with the camera.

I'm falling asleep... Better get comfy for the night. Have a good evenight ElT, DD, and Endre (also, hello Endre :-)). Take care of yourselves. *big hugs all around* Good night!
I didn't have any problems with the one in Spec Ops: The Line...another really interesting game...

I wish you a good night and sleep well *big good night hug* :)
EndreWhiteMane: I do but this one is like a puzzle/philosophy game, which intrigues me.
I've seen videos of the game. Definitely seems like an interesting game :).
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: I do but this one is like a puzzle/philosophy game, which intrigues me.
Will you be getting it during it's next big sale? On the Steam page it mentions it was recently on sale for 75% off. Puzzles and philosophy sounds interesting, I wonder if it is a puzzle game with walking, or a walking simulator with a few puzzles (if that makes sense).
ddickinson: Will you be getting it during it's next big sale? On the Steam page it mentions it was recently on sale for 75% off. Puzzles and philosophy sounds interesting, I wonder if it is a puzzle game with walking, or a walking simulator with a few puzzles (if that makes sense).
It's on sale at Humble though more like 66%, there's also a (reasonable) DLC that seems to add a lot to it.
Seems to me you have some latitude in play style, follow orders or go in search of answers on your own.
EndreWhiteMane: It's on sale at Humble though more like 66%, there's also a (reasonable) DLC that seems to add a lot to it.
Seems to me you have some latitude in play style, follow orders or go in search of answers on your own.
I did not realise Humble had a sale on. Reading the page it seems the game was written by the person who wrote The Swapper, which I really enjoyed (game and story). So what is putting you off getting the game? The price or just the prospect of it not being as good as you hope?
AgentBirdnest: ...
I'm falling asleep... Better get comfy for the night instead of sleeping on a keyboard. Have a good evenight ElT, DD, and Endre (also, hello Endre :-)). Take care of yourselves. *big hugs all around* Good night!
Nighty Night, General. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: It's on sale at Humble though more like 66%, there's also a (reasonable) DLC that seems to add a lot to it.
ddickinson: I did not realise Humble had a sale on. Reading the page it seems the game was written by the person who wrote The Swapper, which I really enjoyed (game and story). So what is putting you off getting the game? The price or just the prospect of it not being as good as you hope?
Alien: Isolation, Civilization: Beyond Earth and Talos are all on sale. I'm trying to decide which _one_ I want most. :-)
Post edited January 30, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Nighty Night, General. :-)
Alien: Isolation, Civilization: Beyond Earth and Talos are all on sale. I'm trying to decide which _one_ I want most. :-)
Since when is Agent a General? :)

Oh good to know...i was waiting for Alien Isolation to get a proper discount :)
ElTerprise: Speaking of Brothers in Arms. Reminds of an awesome Anti-War song from Dire Straits :)
Thank you, I'd forgotten that wonderful tune existed.
EndreWhiteMane: Alien: Isolation, Civilization: Beyond Earth and Talos are all on sale. I'm trying to decide which _one_ I want most. :-)
Tough choice, although I have no idea what the Civilization: Beyond Earth games is like, and only a vague idea of what the Alien game (I am very out of touch with gaming lately). I guess it depends on what you are after. Are you after something different, or something that will give you the most for the money?
EndreWhiteMane: Nighty Night, General. :-)
ElTerprise: Since when is Agent a General? :)

Oh good to know...i was waiting for Alien Isolation to get a proper discount :)
Check out the Humble Monthly, you get it for FREE with that.
EndreWhiteMane: Thank you, I'd forgotten that wonderful tune existed.
You're welcome. And i just gave an ear worm with posting that :)

It's a fantastic song. Really love that one :)
EndreWhiteMane: Check out the Humble Monthly, you get it for FREE with that.
Hm...ignored that one until now but i could get the Alien Isolation Collection for about 19€ instead of paying 12€ a month for Humble Monthly to get the vanilla version....decisions....
EndreWhiteMane: Alien: Isolation, Civilization: Beyond Earth and Talos are all on sale. I'm trying to decide which _one_ I want most. :-)
ddickinson: Tough choice, although I have no idea what the Civilization: Beyond Earth games is like, and only a vague idea of what the Alien game (I am very out of touch with gaming lately). I guess it depends on what you are after. Are you after something different, or something that will give you the most for the money?
Beyond Earth and Pandora are about the only games that come close to Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri that are also fairly decent. Very slim pickings in the "Planetary 4X" genre.

EndreWhiteMane: Thank you, I'd forgotten that wonderful tune existed.
ElTerprise: You're welcome. And i just gave an ear worm with posting that :)

It's a fantastic song. Really love that one :)
EndreWhiteMane: Check out the Humble Monthly, you get it for FREE with that.
ElTerprise: Hm...ignored that one until now but i could get the Alien Isolation Collection for about 19€ instead of paying 12€ a month for Humble Monthly to get the vanilla version....decisions....
I didn't notice the collection, that's a great deal too. About $5 over my current budget though. :-)

Edit: You can take the monthly for just 1 month if you want.
EndreWhiteMane: Beyond Earth and Pandora are about the only games that come close to Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri that are also fairly decent. Very slim pickings in the "Planetary 4X" genre.
I can see the problem as I know you really like 4X games in space. So it's a scary Alien game, a 4X space game, or a philosophical puzzle game. I think if it was me I would go for the puzzle game at the moment if it was a good game, but then I have never really played any 4X space games, so maybe those would win if I liked them. The Alien game never really appealed to me for some reason, not sure why.
EndreWhiteMane: I didn't notice the collection, that's a great deal too. About $5 over my current budget though. :-)

Yep. Just read that too...i mean i'd prefer having Alien: Isolation drm free but that won't happen anytime soon...so i could easily get it for Steam then...at least i don't have to decide immeadiately...because the Monthly also give a bundle...+Alien Isolation...

Concerning your decisions. Wouldn't it be better to wait for a complete Civ: Beyond Earth Collection on sale to get it?
EndreWhiteMane: I didn't notice the collection, that's a great deal too. About $5 over my current budget though. :-)

ElTerprise: Yep. Just read that too...i mean i'd prefer having Alien: Isolation drm free but that won't happen anytime soon...so i could easily get it for Steam then...at least i don't have to decide immeadiately...because the Monthly also give a bundle...+Alien Isolation...

Concerning your decisions. Wouldn't it be better to wait for a complete Civ: Beyond Earth Collection on sale to get it?
The Humble bundle has BE plus the small DLC plus a 33% coupon for the other DLC, that would be $35.00 total, not too bad. The bundle sadly also has a bunch of other great games that I already have.
Tough decisions in this life. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Beyond Earth and Pandora are about the only games that come close to Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri that are also fairly decent. Very slim pickings in the "Planetary 4X" genre.
ddickinson: I can see the problem as I know you really like 4X games in space. So it's a scary Alien game, a 4X space game, or a philosophical puzzle game. I think if it was me I would go for the puzzle game at the moment if it was a good game, but then I have never really played any 4X space games, so maybe those would win if I liked them. The Alien game never really appealed to me for some reason, not sure why.
Those 3 are 'land based 4X sci-fi' games, quite rare. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: Those 3 are 'land based 4X sci-fi' games, quite rare. :-)
Well I did say I would out of touch with games. Plus I have not slept for about 30 hours, so that is taking its toll as well. :-)