It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ah, I finally sit down, and everyone has left. That is some perfect timing.
goods mornsnings..!
I'm still half asleep though so why not some floaty music..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0t0c4Ty8c
ElTerprise: I didn't have any problems with the one in Spec Ops: The Line...another really interesting game...
Hell's Highway is censored/unavailable, but not Spec Ops? õ__ô I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. It's only the 84,986,233,127th double standard in censorship.
I guess you are right though. I don't remember being annoyed with the camera in that game. Only annoyed with the monotonous gameplay ;-p I loved it though. Cool story, characters, action, setting...
superstande: goods mornsnings..!
I'm still half asleep though so why not some floaty music..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0t0c4Ty8c
Groovy tune ô__ô Thanks... and good morning :-)

Oh yeah, and good morning to everyone else :-) *big hugs, stupid waves, and tipping my helmet*
Post edited January 30, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
*hugs and waves*
*more hugs and waves*

Just wanted to say hi to you all. :) I'm definitely on the mend but not recovering quite as fast as I would have liked. Still, things should be okay soon-ish. :D

How have you all been doing in the meantime? Keeping the thread clean? :)
moonshineshadow: *hugs and waves*
*late return hug*
FearfulSymmetry: *more hugs and waves*

Just wanted to say hi to you all. :) I'm definitely on the mend but not recovering quite as fast as I would have liked. Still, things should be okay soon-ish. :D

How have you all been doing in the meantime? Keeping the thread clean? :)
Hey there Fearful! Hopefully that "okay soon-ish" turns into "fan-plucking-tastic immediately" :-) Glad to see you are alive and recovering, in any case. *extra big and happy hug*

Yeah, we've been taking care of Fred. He's very clean. Cleaner that before. And I'm doing pretty well :-)
Just a quick hello
**Big hugs and waves and coffee**
I hope I'll kick this cold virus square in the nuts soon... I can only breathe through my beak wide open, it's getting tiring >:-|
**ACHOOOOO** >__<
Snirfl.
Empress_Owl: Just a quick hello
**Big hugs and waves and coffee**
I hope I'll kick this cold virus square in the nuts soon... I can only breathe through my beak wide open, it's getting tiring >:-|
**ACHOOOOO** >__<
Snirfl.
**Extra big and warm hug with blankets, tea, and tissues**
Hang in there Empress :-(
I hope your weekend is going okay, other than the cold?
Hello everyone *big exhausted hugs and waves*
Finally done with some plumbing - had to replace a p-trap and a water tap of a bathroom sink....yay :)

How are you all doing?

AgentBirdnest: Hell's Highway is censored/unavailable, but not Spec Ops? õ__ô I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. It's only the 84,986,233,127th double standard in censorship.
I guess you are right though. I don't remember being annoyed with the camera in that game. Only annoyed with the monotonous gameplay ;-p I loved it though. Cool story, characters, action, setting...
Hey Agent *big hug*
How are you doing?

Yep. But afaik the devs of Spec Ops had to fight for it getting an uncensored release in Germany. But the rating authority got more lenient in recent years in general so i guess a few years early it would've been impossible to have it released uncensored (but then again DOOM3 was released uncensored in Germany as well ^^)

Yep that's true but thankfully it didn't let down the game :)
ElTerprise: Hey Agent *big hug*
How are you doing?

Yep. But afaik the devs of Spec Ops had to fight for it getting an uncensored release in Germany. But the rating authority got more lenient in recent years in general so i guess a few years early it would've been impossible to have it released uncensored (but then again DOOM3 was released uncensored in Germany as well ^^)

Yep that's true but thankfully it didn't let down the game :)
I won't pretend to understand ratings and censorship 9__9
I remember TV shows got more and more lenient here. Partial nudity and "worse" swear words started appearing more often. Some "historical" movies like Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan would air uncensored sometimes.
Then Janet Jackson showed her nipple at the super bowl 12 years ago, and the entire country panicked. The rules got more strict, with bigger fines for those who broke them. Saving Private Ryan still airs, but with the swear words censored out (but the violence remaining.)
Not that it matters anymore- nobody watches broadcast television anymore. Everyone watches premium cable channels, or online services like Netflix. No rules for those.
Luckily video games have mostly been left alone for us. There was some panic back in the 90s with Mortal Kombat and Doom, but I don't think anything really happened in regards to laws or censorship.

Anyway... I'm ogod, thanks. How are you? :-)
AgentBirdnest: I won't pretend to understand ratings and censorship 9__9
I remember TV shows got more and more lenient here. Partial nudity and "worse" swear words started appearing more often. Some "historical" movies like Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan would air uncensored sometimes.
Then Janet Jackson showed her nipple at the super bowl 12 years ago, and the entire country panicked. The rules got more strict, with bigger fines for those who broke them. Saving Private Ryan still airs, but with the swear words censored out (but the violence remaining.)
Not that it matters anymore- nobody watches broadcast television anymore. Everyone watches premium cable channels, or online services like Netflix. No rules for those.
Luckily video games have mostly been left alone for us. There was some panic back in the 90s with Mortal Kombat and Doom, but I don't think anything really happened in regards to laws or censorship.

I don't think that anyone really understands it :)
That's the thing i don't really understand - having problems with swearwords and nudity rather than violence and thus remove/ not show them...oh well cultural differences :)

Glad to hear that. Well i'm exhausted but otherwise pretty good :)
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
AgentBirdnest: I won't pretend to understand ratings and censorship 9__9

ElTerprise: I don't think that anyone really understands it :)
That's the thing i don't really understand - having problems with swearwords and nudity rather than violence and thus remove/ not show them...oh well cultural differences :)

Glad to hear that. Well i'm exhausted but otherwise pretty good :)
While we can all agree that every sane person prefers to watch a beautiful nude body rather than some bloody violence.
GreenDamsel: While we can all agree that every sane person prefers to watch a beautiful nude body rather than some bloody violence.
Sure...that's the thing i'll never understand...not that i like censorship in any way but having some extreme violence removed makes more sense than removing nudity....
Post edited January 30, 2016 by ElTerprise
GreenDamsel: While we can all agree that every sane person prefers to watch a beautiful nude body rather than some bloody violence.
ElTerprise: Sure...that's the thing i'll never understand...not that i like censorship in any way but having some extreme violence removed makes more sense than removing nudity....
But... but... butts! Nudity! Evil! Ew! >:-O
I guess it's a religious thing. Maybe. I have no idea. I'm just thinking out loud.
Post edited January 30, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
Morning quiet thread Fred.