It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: It's a good idea in theory, but once people start throwing money into the equation, they get skittish about discarding things they paid for, even if those items are now just more clutter in their lives.

My packrat tendencies manifest in my games. More than I need, enough for years, and still looking for more just to have them.

It's better than it has been. July's more than halfway over, so it's less than 45 days and the season will begin to shift in full.
ZenWan: That's true. If you've paid a lot for something, it's hard to get rid of it, even if you hardly ever use it. So you end up paying more just to keep on storing it, mostly unused. Not logical, but people aren't always logical - even I, who rate logic very highly.

It helps if one can sell unwanted stuff, but that often isn't possible.

Smiling about your games - I edited my post to exclude games, thinking of you and others. Besides I'm sure you would answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions, so they would never end up on the discard / don't acquire pile.
Besides, it's easy enough to solve that using logic: 'I want it, therefore I need it.' QED.

Except for those you've beaten and really really hate, those you can feel good about discarding.

Glad it's a little cooler, hope it's all downhill from now on. We have had the longest extended period of really high heat that I can ever remember here, even considering that the summers are always hot, so I hope that will break soon.

Time to get ready for the cool cliff-top walk, that makes my day worthwhile. Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.
That's one of the nice things about games. It takes up very little space to store them, and that can be pared down to what I actually care enough about to hang on to. At the same time, any of the feelings about discarding items that I paid for is removed since I technically still have access to them.

It certainly needs to. If nothing else, a bit of a break so you don't have to be so uncomfortable while moving.

Enjoy the walk and have a good day. Talk with you later. =)
Good morning, quiet thread!

I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful start to the week!

*hugs and waves*
ddickinson: Good morning, quiet thread!

I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful start to the week!

*hugs and waves*
Good morning. =)

Doing all right here, staying up to see what the Monday sale will be.

How are you doing so far?
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

Doing all right here, staying up to see what the Monday sale will be.

How are you doing so far?
Good day, Crow!

Monday sale? Oh, the staff promo. Are you hoping for anything nice? And I am glad to hear you are doing all right.

I am really not too good today, but I don't want to keep going on about me, I feel that is all I have done these last few days and I don't want to bother anyone.

Are you feeling any better today?
ddickinson: Good day, Crow!

Monday sale? Oh, the staff promo. Are you hoping for anything nice? And I am glad to hear you are doing all right.

I am really not too good today, but I don't want to keep going on about me, I feel that is all I have done these last few days and I don't want to bother anyone.

Are you feeling any better today?
Not really looking for anything in particular, just idle curiosity.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the combination of medicine and rest will help you to start feeling better soon.

Yeah, I'll get some more sleep in a while, that should help. Can't complain overall.
Good morning, everyone !!!
**Big hugs, waves and coffee**
How are you doing ?
CarrionCrow: Not really looking for anything in particular, just idle curiosity.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the combination of medicine and rest will help you to start feeling better soon.

Yeah, I'll get some more sleep in a while, that should help. Can't complain overall.
Any guesses as to what the promo will be this week?

Thank you. The doctors said it will take some time due to the severity of it all, but hopefully it will get better soon. I get my results on Wednesday, so hopefully I will know more about what is going on then.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Do you think you will be staying awake until the promo starts or will you be in the land of Nod before then? Anything nice planned for your week?
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, everyone !!!
How are you doing ?
Good morning. =) -passes over the extra-extra large mug of coffee-

Doing all right here, how are you?
LaPtiteBete: Good morning, everyone !!!
How are you doing ?
Good morning, lovely Owl!

How are you today, is your week off to a good start?

*big tired hug*

(My dyslexia is really causing me some problems these last few days, the amount of mistakes I keep making. No doubt due to the medication and the tiredness. Luckily I edit most of them before I hit the send button but it is starting to get me annoyed at myself.)
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =) -passes over the extra-extra large mug of coffee-

**Happily dives in the XXL mug of coffee \o/ **
Doing good here too... !!
Much better than the sh*tty weather anyway...
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =) -passes over the extra-extra large mug of coffee-

LaPtiteBete: **Happily dives in the XXL mug of coffee \o/ **
Doing good here too... !!
Much better than the sh*tty weather anyway...
How goes it feathered and non feathered friends I'm with you weather wise I'm ready for better weather.
ddickinson: Any guesses as to what the promo will be this week?

Thank you. The doctors said it will take some time due to the severity of it all, but hopefully it will get better soon. I get my results on Wednesday, so hopefully I will know more about what is going on then.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Do you think you will be staying awake until the promo starts or will you be in the land of Nod before then? Anything nice planned for your week?
Hard to say. GOG mashes together whatever it can get for a certain theme, and I'm generally bad at guessing on top of that.

Probably. Downloading some stuff and it's taking longer than expected, so that should keep me occupied for a couple more hours.
No plans for anything, I usually don't have things like that set up.
I'll chime in a hope for the staff picks Transistor or Oddworld NNT (AKA) another round of expensive stuff at maybe 70% off.
ddickinson: Good morning, lovely Owl!

How are you today, is your week off to a good start?

*big tired hug*

(My dyslexia is really causing me some problems these last few days, the amount of mistakes I keep making. No doubt due to the medication and the tiredness. Luckily I edit most of them before I hit the send button but it is starting to get me annoyed at myself.)
Good morning, lovely DD !!
My week off ?... I have still 2 weeks at work, and then I'll have 3 weeks off :D I can't wait !!!
And don't worry about your eventual mistakes (I'm French anyway :D) hihi...
How are you doing today ?
**Big happy and slightly tired hugs**
cecil: How goes it feathered and non feathered friends I'm with you weather wise I'm ready for better weather.
Hey Cecil :D what a fancy new avatar !!
So, you're a bird too... we're 3 with Crow \o/
How are you doing ?
Post edited July 20, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
CarrionCrow: Hard to say. GOG mashes together whatever it can get for a certain theme, and I'm generally bad at guessing on top of that.

Probably. Downloading some stuff and it's taking longer than expected, so that should keep me occupied for a couple more hours.
No plans for anything, I usually don't have things like that set up.
They do like to mix things up. I will go for an indie platformer bundle, or maybe a space themed one.

How are you liking your new internet speed? Is it making a big difference for you with all your downloading?

I normally don't plan too much in advance wither, it makes the week much more fun when you don't know what lies ahead. :-)

cecil: I'll chime in a hope for the staff picks Transistor or Oddworld NNT (AKA) another round of expensive stuff at maybe 70% off.
Good guesses. And good morning? (I think it's morning now for all of the US). How are you?

LaPtiteBete: Good morning, lovely DD !!
My week off ?... I have still 2 weeks at work, and then I'll have 3 weeks off :D I can't wait !!!
And don't worry about your eventual mistakes (I'm French anyway :D) hihi...
How are you doing today ?
**Big happy and slightly tired hugs**
Hello!

I did not mean week off as in off work, I mean is your week "off to a good start". Sorry, I guess I should try to work things better. Three weeks off? That sounds like fun. I hope you have a lot of fun things planned.

I am not doing too good today, but as I told Crow, I feel I am going on about myself too much these last few days, so I will try to keep quiet about it and not keep bothering people, especially when others are having their own problems.

*big weak hug*