It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Doesn't work for me.

Thing is, the client worked for me at first (at public release), but then I had to reinstall Windows 7 (64) and since then I get the missing dll file msg after installation and start of the client. Can't even start it now.
Visual 2012 got installed by the client already, both versions (86 and 64). I did it manually now again but since it's the same version I already have, nothing changed afterwards.

My pc must be missing something that it had before the reinstall, something that the GOG client doesn't bring along.

What else could bring that DLL and is needed by the client?

edit:
Update: Apparently it matters what language you choose. I chose German for my German system and now I tried English for the Visual 2012 and even when file names (and version) are the same, the English one worked now. Just that when I started the installation instead of the installation window I got a 'Repair' 'Deinstall' window. I chose 'Repair' and now I could start Galaxy.

Weird.

edit2: It recognizes my Settlers installation but not my Edna & Harvey one.
Attachments:
Post edited December 27, 2015 by krokkel
drewpants: Hi,

I cannot get this to run, getting missing .dll message. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with latest updates and have installed recommended frameworks suggested by Microsoft. .DLL is present on my system and as been replaced but with no luck.

Have installed and re-installed the game also but still same error.

Any ideas?
There are two ways to solve this problem. You can reinstall Microsoft Visual C++. It should help you, but different errors need different versions of MS Visual C++.
Another way is downloading missing dll file strictly. There are a lot of websites with dll libraries. You need to find well trusted site with good reviews, for example http://fix4dll.com/msvcr110_dll. Download your dll file and check it with anti-virus. Than place it to your game folder and add it to registry. That's all. I think it's the best way to fix this problems.
drewpants: Hi,

I cannot get this to run, getting missing .dll message. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with latest updates and have installed recommended frameworks suggested by Microsoft. .DLL is present on my system and as been replaced but with no luck.

Have installed and re-installed the game also but still same error.

Any ideas?
Download the missing. Dll file
Or copy it from another pc to your pc.
Check out this for more info https://gadgetswright.com/fix-msvcr110-dll-not-found-missing-on-windows-7-8-10