It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I use a program for emulate keys and bind more things to the 360 controller, i played with it perfectly on Wing Commander 1 and 2, and recently on Privateer, but i´m having big problems trying to calibrate the PAD for WC3, anyone with the same problem? With or without using this program.
Post edited March 24, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
It's complicated, but I worked around it using the technique here:
[url=]http://www.gog.com/en/forum/wing_commander_series/wc3_xbox_controller_help[/url]

See if that works for you.
I tried your method, and it didn't work, unfortunately. The controller worked for the mouse curser control when not flying (i.e. when you're in your base), but no response when flying an actual ship. The game still registers the keyboard arrow keys for inflight control!

I tried one way by going into the DOSBox key mapper and changing the arrow keys to the controller left stick, and then tried the second way by doing that and deleting the mapping for the joystick as well. Both times, when I pressed an arrow key in the joystick config in the game, it just exited the config. Any ideas as to why this is? Also, when I tried mapping different keystrokes (like T for target to the Y button on the controller), nothing worked.

This is driving me crazy, the DOSBox mapper really sucks.
Thanks! i will try it this night, hope will work!
tbirdo: It's complicated, but I worked around it using the technique here:
[url=]http://www.gog.com/en/forum/wing_commander_series/wc3_xbox_controller_help[/url]

See if that works for you.
Ups! the link bring mere here, i mean to this post.
Post edited March 25, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
soundofmind: I tried your method, and it didn't work, unfortunately. The controller worked for the mouse curser control when not flying (i.e. when you're in your base), but no response when flying an actual ship. The game still registers the keyboard arrow keys for inflight control!

I tried one way by going into the DOSBox key mapper and changing the arrow keys to the controller left stick, and then tried the second way by doing that and deleting the mapping for the joystick as well. Both times, when I pressed an arrow key in the joystick config in the game, it just exited the config. Any ideas as to why this is? Also, when I tried mapping different keystrokes (like T for target to the Y button on the controller), nothing worked.

It's really odd how I did it and it's hard to describe. Basically you have to map the joystick axes to the keyboard, calibrate, then remap the axes back to the joytick and the arrows back to the arrow keys. If you don't set them back exactly as they were when you're done calibrating, it won't work.

Actually I think you did it right, but didn't set the game to joystick mode. In mission; press alt-o and set controls to joystick. For some reason, you can only do this in a mission or training simulator.

Also, sorry the link isn't working YaTEdiGo. The topic I posted in is in the wing commander forum page though.
soundofmind: I tried your method, and it didn't work, unfortunately. The controller worked for the mouse curser control when not flying (i.e. when you're in your base), but no response when flying an actual ship. The game still registers the keyboard arrow keys for inflight control!

tbirdo: It's really odd how I did it and it's hard to describe. Basically you have to map the joystick axes to the keyboard, calibrate, then remap the axes back to the joytick and the arrows back to the arrow keys. If you don't set them back exactly as they were when you're done calibrating, it won't work.

Actually I think you did it right, but didn't set the game to joystick mode. In mission; press alt-o and set controls to joystick. For some reason, you can only do this in a mission or training simulator.

Also, sorry the link isn't working YaTEdiGo. The topic I posted in is in the wing commander forum page though.
Thanks! I´m going to try, if not i will forget about this game :( i don´t like play this games with mouse or keyboard... bad buy! :(
tbirdo: It's really odd how I did it and it's hard to describe. Basically you have to map the joystick axes to the keyboard, calibrate, then remap the axes back to the joytick and the arrows back to the arrow keys. If you don't set them back exactly as they were when you're done calibrating, it won't work.

YaTEdiGo: Thanks! I´m going to try, if not i will forget about this game :( i don´t like play this games with mouse or keyboard... bad buy! :(
Let me know if it works. I'm glad to help since Wing Commander 3 is a great game worth playing.
YaTEdiGo: Thanks! I´m going to try, if not i will forget about this game :( i don´t like play this games with mouse or keyboard... bad buy! :(
tbirdo: Let me know if it works. I'm glad to help since Wing Commander 3 is a great game worth playing.
Yes, the game looks great, and i didnt played it on his time (in the past i just played wc1 wc2, privateer, and then i jumped to "prophecy" so i was so excited to play Wc3 and Wc4 when will be available here...) but the DOSBOX emulation seem not so good with joystick/pad calibration... I´m going to try this as last option, if not i will just forget about the game :( a pity... but i have many other games to play instead of playing WC3 "suffering" with keyboard or mouse...

Thanks! i will keep you posted when i will try this.

EDIT:

I solved it, but not using the 360 pad, i just come back to my long time not used LOGITECH WINGMAN RUMBLEPAD, installed its own drivers (without has the same problem) and it´s working nearly perfect, so the game is playable at last!

I just need now to map some keys to the Wingman with his own software to play it perfect :) meanwhile i will continue with Privateer!
Post edited March 27, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
The wingman RUMBLEPAD still bring me problems and i nearly abandon the game, but i returned to "Xpadder" (I tried this program before that worked superfine with WC1 and WC2 and also Privateer, but didnt worked fine on WC3)

But the solution was that i returned to Xpadder but playing with a REAL joystick like old times :D i remembered i bought time ago a SAITEK AV8R for Xbox360, and i just remembered is compatible with PC, so i tried this with the Xpadder, and now the game is AWESOME to play it, i even beated FLASH (Something impossible with the previous configs i tried) and also rescued FLINT on the "moon" mission after destroy the bio-weapons missiles...

JOYSTICK still rulez!!!
YaTEdiGo: The wingman RUMBLEPAD still bring me problems and i nearly abandon the game, but i returned to "Xpadder" (I tried this program before that worked superfine with WC1 and WC2 and also Privateer, but didnt worked fine on WC3)

But the solution was that i returned to Xpadder but playing with a REAL joystick like old times :D i remembered i bought time ago a SAITEK AV8R for Xbox360, and i just remembered is compatible with PC, so i tried this with the Xpadder, and now the game is AWESOME to play it, i even beated FLASH (Something impossible with the previous configs i tried) and also rescued FLINT on the "moon" mission after destroy the bio-weapons missiles...

JOYSTICK still rulez!!!
I wish I had a real flight stick. I might get one someday. Anyway, glad things worked out for you.
tbirdo: I wish I had a real flight stick. I might get one someday. Anyway, glad things worked out for you.
Just go buy one! El cheapo Logitech 3D Pro is only 30 dollars and will last you through all of WC games and then some.