It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi!

Guys, is there a way to make the game camera zoom out farther than the current default setting? Do you use a mod for it or is there some tinkering that I need to do to any of the game's .ini files? Thanks!
Use 4:3 or 16:10 resolutions. 16:9 not native aspect for all 3 games of DoW1 series and didnt properly work even in SS.
Or use Camera Zoom mod. It have 3 lua files but for me it is enough to put just one. Not sure why its work that way and which file to keep.

On 16:9 screen are cut - exceed out of display on upper side. Mod allow to change filed of view and it is solve issues in DC/SS. Only in additional setting tool in GFX test demo keep upper side cut. In actual game all perfect.
In DoW1 itself (and so Winter Assault) there is still critical issue with mini-map on non 16:10 wide resolutions. Set 16:10 and lower than your display.
QWEEDDYZ: Use 4:3 or 16:10 resolutions. 16:9 not native aspect for all 3 games of DoW1 series and didnt properly work even in SS.
Or use Camera Zoom mod. It have 3 lua files but for me it is enough to put just one. Not sure why its work that way and which file to keep.

On 16:9 screen are cut - exceed out of display on upper side. Mod allow to change filed of view and it is solve issues in DC/SS. Only in additional setting tool in GFX test demo keep upper side cut. In actual game all perfect.
In DoW1 itself (and so Winter Assault) there is still critical issue with mini-map on non 16:10 wide resolutions. Set 16:10 and lower than your display.
I didn't know that the resolution would affect the zoom of the camera since I did change the resolution to fit the 16:9 ratio manually by editing some of the game's .ini files. I might have to try the mod then, since I prefer the current resolution that I have now.

Thanks for your help! :)
DoWWA since some patch list 16:9 resolutions in settings (not in ConfigTool). DC/SS always have 16:9 listed as available and at first looks perfectly supported. But then you saw zoom are too close(cut from above side). To keep 16:9 there is old Camera Zoom mod. Look to PCGamingWiki for dowoad link (game entry - MORE - GOG Support - Additional info on PCGW or googleit).

You not need to edit ini manually.

As i know there is s5ill no fix for mini-map. There is many fixes new and newer tell "finale fix for 16:9" but they all come with broken mini-map. So for Winter Assault i know only one solution - 16:10 or 4:3 resolution.

Some versions of DoW(WA) before 1.51 support 16:9 without black bars. And some even on 1.51 Gold Edition. But some come with black bars. I dont know why. I did play some 1.51 Gold Edition of DoW+WA without black bars on 16:9 resolution (with broken minimap of course). Of course without video driver stetching (aspect ratio set globally to Keep ratio).
Anyway worst thing is broken minimap. It is very important, major element of RTS game. If there is no really "finally finale proper fix for widescreen" for DoW1 on PCGamingWiki - better set some resolution with black bars but normal minimap. Only then if you need that - Camera Zoom mod. Last time i check them it was only partial fixes, fix one broke another.

For DC/SS just Camera Mod is enough.