It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
https://youtu.be/dbgp5kHheu8

Please report your experiences with this. I've lost count on how many times I've bought this game since it came out back in 1990s.
I can confirm it is working. I have Win 10 x64 Pro. Thank you for this!
So I was reading about the Windows 10 issues in the game reviews section of GOG, and before I looked here on the forum, I Googled around and found the same YouTube video that is linked to in the first post. This convinced me that the issues appeared to be solvable and gave me the confidence to buy the game, especially as it is currently on sale at 75% off.

Having now installed and played the game I have found that my experience appears to have been much better than most have reported. I am not sure if this is because of recent updates to Windows 10 or the fact that I'm using an AMD video card. I'll describe what I found, the fix I applied, and also my PC specs in case this helps others:

INSTALLATION

The game installed, using the default installation directory, without issue. Note that GOG recommend that the installation path only have 2 subfolders and 35 characters total to avoid the game crashing when starting a mission ([url=]https://www.gog.com/support/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate/the_game_is_crashing_when_starting_a_mission[/url]).

THREE BLACK & WHITE MINI SCREENS

On starting the game the various developer/publisher logo movies played perfectly. I did NOT experience the three black and white mini screens issue.

The game intro movie then played, again without issue, ending with the main menu.

STUTTERING ISSUE

I DID experience the cursor stuttering issue and so applied the fix described in the YouTube video (and also here [url=]https://www.gog.com/forum/warhammer_40000_chaos_gate/windows_10_stuttering_fix_for_renamed_executable[/url]).

Note that I did NOT rename the game executable, I left it as WH40K.exe. This solved the stuttering for me.

MUSIC VOLUME ISSUE

I'm not sure what others experienced, but I found no issue with the in-game music and the ability to adjust its volume via the options screen. So, I did NOT apply the music volume fix.

UNIT ANIMATION ISSUE

Similarly to the music volume issue, I found no issue with unit animation, its speed or the ability to adjust the speed via the options screen. As such, I did NOT apply the unit animation fix.

MY PC SPECS

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (v1511 - fully updated as of 30 July 2016)
Processor: Intel i7-875K overclocked to 3.85GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 390 (Asus STRIX-R9390-DC3OC-8GD5-GAMING)
Graphics Driver: AMD Radeon Crimson v16.3.2 with GPU Scaling turned ON
Monitor: Dell U3415W
Screen Resolution: 3440 x 1440

SUMMARY

So in summary, the only fix I implemented was a simple registry change to fix the cursor stuttering issue. This could easily be fixed by GOG incorporating this registry change into the installation executable. The fact that this hasn't already been done is disappointing to say the least.
Post edited July 30, 2016 by ikrananka
Just updated to AMD Radeon Crimson v16.7.3 and all is still working well - although oddly I did have to reapply the stuttering cursor registry fix.
Oathed: https://youtu.be/dbgp5kHheu8

Please report your experiences with this. I've lost count on how many times I've bought this game since it came out back in 1990s.
This works great but you need to move the game folder from it's default location to C:\GOG Games first. It's default location will make the game crash when loading a mission.
REPOST from Reddit:

The reason this game doesn't work on Windows 10 and poorly on Windows 8, is the same old DirectDraw story.
TL;DR How to get the game to work:
Issue: Game shows 3 screens in low color. GOG has added a so called compatibility database to resolve some issues with the game like CPU process affinity. However, this database includes two entries ForceDirectDrawEmulation and ForceDirectDrawWait. These entries must not be set on Windows 8 or higher - in fact they are the ones responsible for the game not working at all. In order to fix this, you need to download the Windows 10 ADK. More specifically, you need the Compatibility Administrator (32-bit) from it. Open the file goggame.sdb in the WH40K folder, right click the WH40K.exe entry under CHAOS GATE and remove the aforementioned fixes. Save the file and install it to replace the already installed file. Alternatively: I've prepared the SDB file for you, and you can download it here. Open an administrative command prompt, navigate to the folder with that file and type sdbinst wh40k.sdb . Answer the question with yes.
Issue: Game freezes after trying to enter a mission. Do not rename the file as some people suggested in the forum. It's important that at least the GlobalMemoryStatusLie and SingleProcAffinity of the compatibility entry are affecting the game. See 1 on what to do, and keep the name as WH40K.exe
Issue: Game suffers from poor performance. Two options: You can use DXWnd to force WH40K.exe into windowed mode, that will fix the problem. In order to keep fullscreen working at decent performance, you need to use the NoGDIHWAcceleration entry in the compatibility database (set by default) and use dgVoodoo on top. Note that dgVoodoo will only work if you empty the compatibility modes of the database entry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/5g949o/16_months_ago_a_gog_rep_said_he_had_servitors/dargyiq/

Good luck to us all. I may come back to this at some time in my backlog of crap to deal with.
Anyone got any fix for CTD when starting a mission? I'm on Windows 10 playing on an Intel HD 4000 GPU.
Oathed: https://youtu.be/dbgp5kHheu8

MegapiemanPHD: This works great but you need to move the game folder from it's default location to C:\GOG Games first. It's default location will make the game crash when loading a mission.
Dude, if this works, then thank you.
Post edited December 13, 2016 by kalsonic12
There may be an easier fix. You can try downloading DxWrapper to resolve the issues with this game on Windows 10. Check out this page:

Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate wiki
I had the same experience as ikrananka. The reg fix works perfectly. but no other bugs showed up.

I might give a try to the DxWrapper, I wouldn't get erased like the registry fix when Windows feels like it.
Installs fine, all I when I attempt to launch it is an error: windows - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b

Then nothing...
majesticcouger: Installs fine, all I when I attempt to launch it is an error: windows - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b

Then nothing...
In the Control Panel (not Settings), go to Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on and Off. Open the Legacy Components section and tick DirectPlay.

You may have to reboot after that.
Post edited June 21, 2017 by Plokite_Wolf
majesticcouger: Installs fine, all I when I attempt to launch it is an error: windows - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b

Then nothing...
Plokite_Wolf: In the Control Panel (not Settings), go to Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on and Off. Open the Legacy Components section and tick DirectPlay.

You may have to reboot after that.
Thanks!!
Why can't GOG release patches for these things? I bought it here to avoid having to deal with this shit.
ResidentLeever: Why can't GOG release patches for these things? I bought it here to avoid having to deal with this shit.
Why did you bought? It is said "Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)" on the gog game page.
I should also say "doesn't work in windows 10 and probably won't ever".
Post edited January 08, 2018 by ResidentLeever