It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I start the first mission, my screen goes completely black and the UI elements slowly load in before the map loads. I am able to move the mouse around for a few moments before it freezes and goes black and repeats. Is this a known problem? Can anyone think of a solution? I'm running windows 7 64 bit, have 12GB RAM, with a GTX 770 and an i7 processor. My install directory is just C:\Chaos Gate.
Grey_313: When I start the first mission, my screen goes completely black and the UI elements slowly load in before the map loads. I am able to move the mouse around for a few moments before it freezes and goes black and repeats. Is this a known problem? Can anyone think of a solution? I'm running windows 7 64 bit, have 12GB RAM, with a GTX 770 and an i7 processor. My install directory is just C:\Chaos Gate.
Do you happen to have DSR enabled in the Nvidia control panel? If so, try disabling it and that should fix the issue. For some reason that setting seems to really screw around with older games.
Nope! Forgot to mention that, that was one of the first things I checked.
Grey_313: Nope! Forgot to mention that, that was one of the first things I checked.
Ouch, I was hoping that would've been it.

I'm honestly not sure what else the issue could be. Sorry I couldn't be much help!
Post edited July 18, 2015 by Reldn
This is happening to me too. Here's everything I've tried:

1) Running it compatibility mode. None of the Windows versions worked, and weirdly enough Win98 compatibility wouldn't even launch because it was looking for a CD.

2) Enabling all the compatibility options. No matter what combination I tried it didn't seem to help. At best, I could make the mission loading screen last a little longer before it faded to black.

3) turning off Shadowplay. I know sometimes recording software like Shadowplay can mess with old games. No dice.

4) In-game graphics option. Even after turning everything either off or to it's lowest it still didn't work.

5) installing the game to C:. No help.

The menus run fine, and I can do everything there, but as soon as I start a mission it fades to black, then slowly the graphics load in, but the game is unplayable. Trying to move the mouse or camera is impossible. I really hope this gets fixed, since I'm a big fan of WH40k, and I've always wanted to play Chaos Gate.
Grey_313: When I start the first mission, my screen goes completely black and the UI elements slowly load in before the map loads. I am able to move the mouse around for a few moments before it freezes and goes black and repeats. Is this a known problem? Can anyone think of a solution? I'm running windows 7 64 bit, have 12GB RAM, with a GTX 770 and an i7 processor. My install directory is just C:\Chaos Gate.
Try to changed resolution of Desktop on 1280x768 (like in game settings). I have win7x64 and this hint resolve the same problem!
Also pay attention to this post if you cach sound problem. Good luck!
Post edited July 19, 2015 by dudzy78
dudzy78: Try to changed resolution of Desktop on 1280x768 (like in game settings). I have win7x64 and this hint resolve the same problem!
Also pay attention to this post if you cach sound problem. Good luck!
This sort of fixes it but it still stutters and freezes every few seconds.
Post edited July 19, 2015 by Grey_313
Nevermind, upon further testing it doesn't fix it at all. I have the same problems even with my desktop resolution at 1024x768.
Hi guys.
I contacted support and this is solution tha seems to fix the problem:

To make sure that no third-party applications are interfering with the game, please try to install and run the game in "clean boot" mode. Instructions on how to do that can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I'm now looking for the service that interfered with the game and I'll report on it later.

Edit: it's the Geforce Experience.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by Goomich