It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guys,

I've read the manual, but no mention of what I want to know.

Behind what seems like a pretty complex game, the manual its self says this thing is a tactical combat simulation.

My question. Cover.

Not talked much about in the manual, Under Ballistic skill it speaks of it but what constitutes as cover?

Standing behind a palm tree that when pointed to it, it has the line through the box? Or is it strictly based on elevation of terrain?

Cheers

O
Cover is two things in the game really. One, anything that blocks line of sight for a direct fire weapon. For example, a bolter cannot fire at a target through a wall. Two, a percentage drop to hit a target in "cover". In the case of your palm tree, it would not block bolter fire from being exchanged but it will make it harder to hit.

Item two is what makes flamers a lot more useful then they appear. And that they somewhat ignore armor, but that doesnt have a lot of impact until you get to the higher difficulties where Chaos Marines can actually survive a round or two of fire.
muttly13: Cover is two things in the game really. One, anything that blocks line of sight for a direct fire weapon. For example, a bolter cannot fire at a target through a wall. Two, a percentage drop to hit a target in "cover". In the case of your palm tree, it would not block bolter fire from being exchanged but it will make it harder to hit.

Item two is what makes flamers a lot more useful then they appear. And that they somewhat ignore armor, but that doesnt have a lot of impact until you get to the higher difficulties where Chaos Marines can actually survive a round or two of fire.
Thanks Muttly