It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I loved Chaos Gate back in the days, when I got as part of a Warhammer Collection.

Then I upgraded to Windows 2000, and was never able to get Chaos Gate to run on any other machine ever again, despite several valiant attempts including setting up complex partitions for OS systems that didn't really know what a partition was.

Is this the version that works on modern computers?

Please tell me it is.
Hello !

For me - there is absolutely no ingame sound or music .

I allready contact support .

I let you know when I receive an answer .
Edward_Carnby: Hello !

For me - there is absolutely no ingame sound or music .

I allready contact support .

I let you know when I receive an answer .
Mine has sound and music but crashes straight to desktop when trying to start the first mission. Although it is somewhat heartening to see I'm not the only one with technical issues. I am waiting on a response from support too.
Seems the other post I created was deleted.

I too would like to know if the GoG version is stable on modern PC's. I really want to buy it but don't want to waste money on the game if it doesn't work on a win7 64bit PC. Anyone hearing anything from tech support on problems they are having, by all means share what they say.
jayP1164: Seems the other post I created was deleted.

I too would like to know if the GoG version is stable on modern PC's. I really want to buy it but don't want to waste money on the game if it doesn't work on a win7 64bit PC. Anyone hearing anything from tech support on problems they are having, by all means share what they say.
If you have original CD - I can tell you how to run game on modern PC without crash on chaos cultist turn .

If you need this info , of course .
Post edited July 16, 2015 by Edward_Carnby
That's what I want to know as well. I still have the CD version somewhere, but it's a bitch to play this in anything above windows 98. The only thing that actually works is full virtualization, and it still works bad and crashes often.
So , I found solution for "no sound" bug .

It happense 'cause game use old version of the msadp32.acm .

Here , place this file near WH40K.exe & all will be fine .

-----

For those , who owns original cd & game crashes when cultists open fire .

1. Find "WeapDef.dat" file in "Data" folder .

2. In this file replace PlazPistHit.wav with PlazpistHit.wav .

3. Save changes & run the game - all will be fine .

Pay attention that this is necessarily to install 1.2 patch .
It fix many game bugs .

GOG version is allready contains modified WeapDef.dat & 1.2 patch
jayP1164: Seems the other post I created was deleted.

Edward_Carnby: If you have original CD - I can tell you how to run game on modern PC without crash on chaos cultist turn .

If you need this info , of course .
I appreciate the offer, unfortunately I don't have the original game. I've never actually played the original, it just looks like something I'd enjoy.
Well it works perfectly on my Win8 64 bit PC but that's not really helpful. I do remember it was a total bitch to get working on XP tho.
Also for OP, the manual states that it does not work on Windows NT and 2000 was just an updated version so that's why it wouldn't run back then.
I just bought and installed this. I, too, can't get past starting the first mission. I can configure my squad as per normal but when launching the mission, it crashes. I have tried setting compatibility mode for Windows 95 through to XP (sp3) with no luck.

Fix plx :(
Leikner: I just bought and installed this. I, too, can't get past starting the first mission. I can configure my squad as per normal but when launching the mission, it crashes. I have tried setting compatibility mode for Windows 95 through to XP (sp3) with no luck.

Fix plx :(
Same issue for me too.
Try running game with “–WINCURSOR” parameter .

& try placing this file near WH40K.exe

& NOT apply any compatibility mode . This game don't love it .
Edward_Carnby: Try running game with “–WINCURSOR” parameter .

Tried this, now it wants me to provide a CD.
Edward_Carnby: Try running game with “–WINCURSOR” parameter .

Leikner: Tried this, now it wants me to provide a CD.
This is unexpectedly .

0_o

After which step game starting to ask for CD ?
Leikner: Tried this, now it wants me to provide a CD.
Edward_Carnby: This is unexpectedly .

0_o

After which step game starting to ask for CD ?
I input the file then added -WINCURSOR to the end of the file path under 'Properties', removed Compatibility mode and started the program, then came the CD prompt. :S