It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hiya. I was so excited to buy this game...I was originally going to wait until a really good sale, but instant gratification got the better of me, and I paid close to regular price for it.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to launch the game, I receive an error message telling me that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 needs to be installed -- problem is, I'VE ALREADY INSTALLED IT.

I've tried uninstalling everything, reinstalling C++ 2015 FIRST, and THEN installing Valhalla Hills, and I still receive the same error message.

I've tried disabling my firewall and installing, and I still get the same error message.

I've tried downloading the executable C++ 2015 file into the Valhall Hills folder (where the other C++ files for the game are located), and I still get the same error message.

I have no idea what the deal is. I'm able to play much older games on Windows 10 without any issue -- I don't even have to fiddle with compatibility settings for many of them. I can't understand why this essentially, BRAND NEW game won't run on my essentially brand new laptop.

Now, if the solution is something like:

1) Uninstall everything
2) Run around the block six times
3) Reinstall everything
4) Do the Hokey Pokey
5) Uninstall everything...again
6) Translate the Bible into Greek, then from Greek into Chinese
7) Reinstall everything...again
8) Write a twenty page essay about why I'd like to play Valhalla Hills, and then (finally)
9) Sacrifice a goat to the gaming gods so's Steps 1 through 8 may actually work

THEN FORGET IT. I found a similar (confusing!) solution online, and I'm not gonna go through a bunch of time-consuming b.s. that probably won't work, anyway.

So.... Anyone encounter similar issues with this game and subsequently figure out a relatively simple fix for it?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited February 19, 2016 by SunnieDay
hi Sunnie,
you need the 32-bit-variant of visual C
I also installed first the 64-bit vc+, game doesnt start. After Installing the 32-bit-runtime it starts on my win7.

hope it helps

p.s. for valhalla hills better scrifice a rabbit first.
Have you tried to download and install the latest version from MS? https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Hi, Otto...Hi, Jim:

Thank you for your replies. I couldn't find the 32-bit C++, and I knew that I was installing the latest file (I had even installed the "patch" file for the 2015 version, which I guess is the absolute latest file). BUT your posts made me wonder if I needed the x86 file, so....

I downloaded the x86 file for 2015, installed it, and (hot damn!) it works -- I didn't even need to reboot...or sacrifice a rabbit!!!

IDK if it would have worked alone, or if the x64 file also needs to be installed (I have BOTH files installed).

Thanks again :-)
Post edited February 19, 2016 by SunnieDay
SunnieDay: I couldn't find the 32-bit C++, and I knew that I was installing the latest file (I had even installed the "patch" file for the 2015 version, which I guess is the absolute latest file). BUT your posts made me wonder if I needed the x86 file, so....
FYI, that is the 32-bit version.
SunnieDay: I couldn't find the 32-bit C++, and I knew that I was installing the latest file (I had even installed the "patch" file for the 2015 version, which I guess is the absolute latest file). BUT your posts made me wonder if I needed the x86 file, so....
Gydion: FYI, that is the 32-bit version.
x86 is 32-bit? I'll be scratching my head about that for a while ;-) Thanks for the info.
SunnieDay: Hiya. I was so excited to buy this game...I was originally going to wait until a really good sale, but instant gratification got the better of me, and I paid close to regular price for it.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to launch the game, I receive an error message telling me that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 needs to be installed -- problem is, I'VE ALREADY INSTALLED IT.

I've tried uninstalling everything, reinstalling C++ 2015 FIRST, and THEN installing Valhalla Hills, and I still receive the same error message.

I've tried disabling my firewall and installing, and I still get the same error message.

I've tried downloading the executable C++ 2015 file into the Valhall Hills folder (where the other C++ files for the game are located), and I still get the same error message.

I have no idea what the deal is. I'm able to play much older games on Windows 10 without any issue -- I don't even have to fiddle with compatibility settings for many of them. I can't understand why this essentially, BRAND NEW game won't run on my essentially brand new laptop.

Now, if the solution is something like:

1) Uninstall everything
2) Run around the block six times
3) Reinstall everything
4) Do the Hokey Pokey
5) Uninstall everything...again
6) Translate the Bible into Greek, then from Greek into Chinese
7) Reinstall everything...again
8) Write a twenty page essay about why I'd like to play Valhalla Hills, and then (finally)
9) Sacrifice a goat to the gaming gods so's Steps 1 through 8 may actually work

THEN FORGET IT. I found a similar (confusing!) solution online, and I'm not gonna go through a bunch of time-consuming b.s. that probably won't work, anyway.

So.... Anyone encounter similar issues with this game and subsequently figure out a relatively simple fix for it?

Thanks in advance.
Merchant Cash Advance Leads https://businessleadsworld.com/merchant-cash-advance-leads may have on their credit score. This form of financing is considered a high-risk form of financing, and it may affect a business’s credit score. Business owners should research the impact of a merchant cash advance on their business’s credit score and consider how it may affect their ability to secure future financing.
It's wonderful because this indicates adapting methods to each type of business. This is also the approach I took. As a consequence, I chose a supplier for myself that can assist my company and precisely satisfy its requirements https://astra-trust.com/offshore-company-redomiciliation-services/ And I feel that corporate services and financial services will help my firm take off and develop.
Post edited January 28, 2023 by Michael_White878
This Drift Hunters is full of energy.