It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello

Have a problem I just installed the newer version of Tropico 6, the introduction is running click on sandbox is also working after the setup i click start game. and the unreal engine 4 crash reports appears.
Tropico 6 has crashed! diagnostics says " you do not have any debugging symbols required to display the callstack for this crash" .

I even downloaded the epicinstaller 13.3.0, when I try to installed it try ed to go online, but my Gaming P.C. is offline, so
I cannot use this, I'm looking for a solution without going online.

My system: Amd Ryzen 7 2700X, 16MB, GF RTX 2060, ssd Crucial mx500

O.S. Windows 7 Pro ( Offline)

have over 20 Games installed with no problem, install Tropico 6 v.12 610 no problems.

for an answer I would be grateful
No downloading any epicinstallers.
You need reinstall only with normal offline GOG installer. What yoy mean you "even downloading epicinstaller". What is is? What for? You do not need anything.
Reinstall it. And if you just start a new game - remove saves as well as all game fodlers, when reinstalling.

Did you buy this game? Looks like if you search third party installers - you dont have game buyed/

Just to be clear, for a little bit outdated version it should be setup_tropico_6_t6-610-winmaclin-gogec387cd_(64bit)_(52188).exe, for current one a little bit differ name (version is t6-#673-winmaclin-gog@a211c01 ). Do not disable integrity check checkbox in install settings (to verify bin) files and always check GOG digital signature valide for exe files!

For GOG Galaxy - reinstall and always do verify game files check after downlaoding. At least twice in a row (shouldt be any downloading, but Galaxy always redownload something).
Instal lgame to normal path, literally should be: D:\Games\Tropico-6\
Almost same for Galaxy cient itself.

Some issues tweaking possible described here (no guarantee for 100% correct)
[url=http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4]http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4[/url]
Post edited April 03, 2022 by QWEEDDYZ
QWEEDDYZ: No downloading any epicinstallers.
You need reinstall only with normal offline GOG installer. What yoy mean you "even downloading epicinstaller". What is is? What for? You do not need anything.
Reinstall it. And if you just start a new game - remove saves as well as all game fodlers, when reinstalling.

Did you buy this game? Looks like if you search third party installers - you dont have game buyed/

Just to be clear, for a little bit outdated version it should be setup_tropico_6_t6-610-winmaclin-gogec387cd_(64bit)_(52188).exe, for current one a little bit differ name (version is t6-#673-winmaclin-gog@a211c01 ). Do not disable integrity check checkbox in install settings (to verify bin) files and always check GOG digital signature valide for exe files!

For GOG Galaxy - reinstall and always do verify game files check after downlaoding. At least twice in a row (shouldt be any downloading, but Galaxy always redownload something).
Instal lgame to normal path, literally should be: D:\Games\Tropico-6\
Almost same for Galaxy cient itself.

Some issues tweaking possible described here (no guarantee for 100% correct)
[url=http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4]http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_4[/url]
the epic installer I tried because someone says unreal engine 4 needs to be update (my mistake).
yes, I did buy this Game by Gog and 17 others, I downloaded Tropic 6 again uninstalled the crashed game and removed folder Games and saved on USB HDD, and same problem.
I understand the above files, the integrity check checkbox is only available on Gog Galaxy, I have an Offline PC, I Love Gog because they still give me the option of freedom about playing games the way I want too, many games are early access , some updates are not supporting win 7 anymore, so I play an older version, "fine for me " (use Debian 11) This is a Personal opinion.
I contact Gog support, and see there is a new Tropico 6 version available will try this one.
thanks for you're feedback.
You still on Win7 or on Debian Linux?

Integrity chek is a option during installation when game provided via multiple bin+exe files? where exe itself is "small" file. If it be only one sigle exe (large exe file) file - usually thee is no such checkbox. Instead you should check setup exe properties - digital signature (every exe files from GOG should have them).

This ass is for offline installers. You dont need GOG Galaxy or anything else to install them.

Also, there is such thing as Unreal redist. Nothing related to epicinstall.exe... and not needed to download separatly...
maybe. Check Unreal Engine 4 article on link above. Maybe it is need to download something.

For online GOG Galaxy build - checking files from Galaxy client. This and integrity files check in offline installers are differ things. Depand on what way you choose to install game - should do one or another files validation.

Did game\OS create some dump- or log-files? Windows anyway do create such exe dumps in AppData\... \Minidumps\ folder. Even if game close without visible error from game and from Windows.
I have the exact same problem with the latest version, build 687. I purchased the game on gog.com and downloaded the offline Windows installer. All my systems are offline and Galaxy is not installed.

Installation works. The video/audio/keyboard settings can be configured. After clicking New Game, the game crashes when the progress bar is at about 20%. This is a null pointer dereference crash.

Both my Windows 10 desktop and Windows 11 laptop are affected. These are wildly different systems from a technical standpoint, with different GPUs etc. The one thing they have in common is that they're both offline.

I only purchased the game because the product page clearly stated that an internet connection is not required. That's not currently true. Please fix this bug ASAP or provide a workaround.

Thanks.
jmsusa: Installation works. The video/audio/keyboard settings can be configured. After clicking New Game, the game crashes when the progress bar is at about 20%. This is a null pointer dereference crash.
I've had the same problem. Couldn't get the game to work at all. The Calypso Support couldn't help as well, therefore I refunded it. Played Tropico 6 on my PS4 and loved it. If any of you still has the game and got it working after a patch or something, would you be so kind and give a short notice on this thread? Once the offline installer works I would love to buy the game again on PC.