It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller to play, but only the D-pad works.

Edit: I ran the setup as admin as suggested in another topic and it solved the problem.
Post edited March 25, 2012 by Bozzeye
I am actually having the opposite problem with my 360 controller. I can only use the thumb stick and not the d-pad. When I go to set up it won't let me pick buttons for the directions. I've tried running as admin but that didn't help.
Bozzeye: I am trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller to play, but only the D-pad works.

Edit: I ran the setup as admin as suggested in another topic and it solved the problem.
Same problem here, I heard this game was good to play with a controller. But i've been unable to get it to respond to anything other than the D-Pad.

Scrolling up and down in the main menu doesn't make for a very good game...

I'll try reinstalling as admin.

EDIT: reinstalling with admin credentials didn't seem to help. :(

EDIT 2: logging off and using the admin account doesn't resolve the issue either.

EDIT 3: got it working, didn't realise their was a setup.exe in the game folder.
Post edited March 29, 2012 by thePyro_13
On the Windows 7 box I'm running on, both Setup and the main game need to run under Admin rights. Sigh...
Post edited April 25, 2012 by gbobman
Bozzeye: I am trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller to play, but only the D-pad works.

i tried that(as admin) and it keeps saying no joy pad detected. any tips i really wanna play this with the controller
Have any of you thought of the old NES usb controller???
When I switched TAG to use gamepad instead of keyboard I noticed that none of the buttons are defined at first. You have to manually configure the buttons if you want more than just the D-pad to work.

Another alternative that I ended up going with (due to other issues) was actually configuring TAG to use keyboard input and then using a free tool called JoyToKey to emulate keypresses with my gamepad. That works great!