It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been playing the witcher 3 for a while now with out any problems what so ever however now 5-10 mins into the game the screen goes blank and the pc needs to reboot. I have tried reducing the graphics from ultra to high plus all my graphic drivers are up to date.Has anyone had same problem or know of fix? Thank's
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Dbars71: I have been playing the witcher 3 for a while now with out any problems what so ever however now 5-10 mins into the game the screen goes blank and the pc needs to reboot. I have tried reducing the graphics from ultra to high plus all my graphic drivers are up to date.Has anyone had same problem or know of fix? Thank's
The very first thing you should do is to open up your case and clean the inside, especially around fans, to minimize any overheating -- make sure you use a can of compressed air. Don't touch anything inside directly, and never use any brushes. Static will kill your computer.
Dbars71: I have been playing the witcher 3 for a while now with out any problems what so ever however now 5-10 mins into the game the screen goes blank and the pc needs to reboot. I have tried reducing the graphics from ultra to high plus all my graphic drivers are up to date.Has anyone had same problem or know of fix? Thank's
Hickory: The very first thing you should do is to open up your case and clean the inside, especially around fans, to minimize any overheating -- make sure you use a can of compressed air. Don't touch anything inside directly, and never use any brushes. Static will kill your computer.
Thank's for the advice I may try that. I was thinking it may be the graphics card due to the fact it's overclocked if that is the case is there anyway of setting it back to not being overclocked?
Dbars71: I was thinking it may be the graphics card due to the fact it's overclocked if that is the case is there anyway of setting it back to not being overclocked?
It very well could be the overclocking. It could also be your power supply if it's not sufficient enough for your system demands. For the overclocking, you could try something like PrecisionX, but please be careful!
I agree with Hickory. Also what are your settings? If you are playing the game with everything maxed it could also be the reason for the card overheating. I saw a similar post from someone with the same card some time ago.

I play the game on a 2K monitor with a 980TI, and I still have to disable hairworks for the game to run as smoothly as I prefer. Witcher 3 is - without any doubt - the most demanding game I have ever played (but boy is it beautiful huh!? :-)).
Dbars71: I was thinking it may be the graphics card due to the fact it's overclocked if that is the case is there anyway of setting it back to not being overclocked?
Hickory: It very well could be the overclocking. It could also be your power supply if it's not sufficient enough for your system demands. For the overclocking, you could try something like PrecisionX, but please be careful!
Thank's I will give that a shot and see how I get on.