It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

im thinking my problem might be unique because i have uninstalled galaxy and played the scene over and it still crashed at that very same place. i'm thinking i am just going to have to play without hooking up with shani hehe.
Out of curiosity, do you guys see the following error in your Application Event Log?

Faulting application name: witcher3.exe (followed by version / timestamp)
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll (followed by version / timestamp)

This may be followed by one of two exception codes :

Exception code: 0xc0000374
or
Exception code: 0xc00000fd

This information (especially the latter exception code - that's a stack overflow) might help the devs figure out where the problem is.
Clintaurus: im thinking my problem might be unique because i have uninstalled galaxy and played the scene over and it still crashed at that very same place. i'm thinking i am just going to have to play without hooking up with shani hehe.
Hi there.
I faced the same issue too.
Tried to uninstall GOG Galaxy as well, but the root cause (I guess) is that game overlay option makes changes in game files and they are still there even if you uninstall the Galaxy client.
So the solution that worked for me is to install Galaxy, switch off game overlay in both Galaxy options and Witcher 3 DLC section (game files will be updated by client). After these changes I played flawlessly for several hours.

Hope it will work for you as well.
Post edited November 16, 2015 by sv1oginov
I seems to have solved my issue, I have updated to 1.11 but no Heart of Stone and run the game stand alone not through Galaxy and I played for an hour with no crash before I had to log off.
i feel like i have tried everything except reinstalling the game. it's very frustrating.
farrej2978: I was having the same problems, never had any crashes until today, and then constant crash to desktop during cut scenes. I turned off the "Game Overlay" feature under the DLCs section of the game (hit 'More' button and then select Configure in Galaxy, then uncheck 'Game Overlay' under the DLC section) and I was able to play for about 2 hours without any crashes.
I can confirm this solution fixed the problem. No need to uninstall GOG Galaxy or anything drastic.
I'm having the same issue. CTD mostly in cut scenes but in normal game play too. I'm running the stand a lone version so no Galaxy and have the most recent updates for the game and my Nvidia card. I cant play for longer than 10 mins without it crashing to black screen and have to do a hard reset.
Yep, the same issue, the same solutions. "Game Overlay" forces game to crash.
i'm waiting for a patch or something before i play it again. i want to finish the expansion a certain way where he hooks up with shani and i cant do it with the game crashing every time they get to the hook up part. i have tried all the suggestions like turning off game overlay, reinstalling the patches, reinstalling gog, turning my graphics all the way down and even turning them all the way up, i also tried loading way before that part and doing it over completely and it still crashes when i get to it and it absolutely will not let me past that part so i am quitting till they patch or something. the story and the game are great so i am not bashing the makers or anything.