It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just as the topic subject, while the patch is nice and all, I actually preferred the " old " loot window. I didn't consider it too small, but since the patch enlarged it, I haven't found out if its possible to resize it back to how it used to be.

Any suggestions on how to get a small loot window again?

EDIT: Is there any way to uninstall patch 1.04 ONLY and revert back to 1.03?
Post edited May 25, 2015 by Angantyr
Seconded!

Not everyone sits on the couch with a gamepad. At least give us an option for the old loot window, please!

Good thing I kept my installation files so I can revert to 1.03.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by Vaedian
I'd like the old size back because I used to loot with the E key (confirm) and now it's larger it won't let me loot everything. I think it's because the mouse cursor used to be on the first item of the list and now it's not.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by wongfei_hung
wongfei_hung: I'd like the old size back because I used to loot with the E key (confirm) and now it's larger it won't let me loot everything. I think it's because the mouse cursor used to be on the first item of the list and now it's not.
I don't know about the size, but the new version forces the auto-selected item to be something else other than the top most, which for me, to date, is often the only thing I want from corpses ; shiny gold. On humans at least, the next ones down are weapons that I don't want, and now its the one highlighted. Extra work for me to choose the gold and skip the crap weapons. ;)
Bigger loot-window should definitely be an option, not forced. I also liked to spam 'E' for looting - not very convenient to use another key for loot all (SPACE). Now that first loot is not auto-focused with bigger loot-window, 'E' doesn't work automagically and I'm trying to find a solution for using 'E' instead for loot-all, but no luck yet.

Optimal for me would be 'E' - to loot all, or 'E' - to loot and 'E' again to loot all. It could definitely be more user friendly than it is now. :\
Qessu: Bigger loot-window should definitely be an option, not forced. I also liked to spam 'E' for looting - not very convenient to use another key for loot all (SPACE). Now that first loot is not auto-focused with bigger loot-window, 'E' doesn't work automagically and I'm trying to find a solution for using 'E' instead for loot-all, but no luck yet.

Optimal for me would be 'E' - to loot all, or 'E' - to loot and 'E' again to loot all. It could definitely be more user friendly than it is now. :\
Pfftt... 1st world problems... I can't even button mash anything. I remapped E and I don't use any of the keys on that side of the kb, Space included.

I have to rely on mouse clicking any items in the loot screen until they fix this stupid, hidden hard-coded keybind system.
Angantyr: Just as the topic subject, while the patch is nice and all, I actually preferred the " old " loot window. I didn't consider it too small, but since the patch enlarged it, I haven't found out if its possible to resize it back to how it used to be.

Any suggestions on how to get a small loot window again?

EDIT: Is there any way to uninstall patch 1.04 ONLY and revert back to 1.03?
*Pertaining to the edited portion*

Not unless you backed up your game before updating I do not believe so.

You could store your saves and reinstall and only update to 1.03 but that would take some time.

As far as reverting, there isnt a method I know of atm.
Qessu: Bigger loot-window should definitely be an option, not forced. I also liked to spam 'E' for looting - not very convenient to use another key for loot all (SPACE). Now that first loot is not auto-focused with bigger loot-window, 'E' doesn't work automagically and I'm trying to find a solution for using 'E' instead for loot-all, but no luck yet.

Brogan80: Pfftt... 1st world problems... I can't even button mash anything. I remapped E and I don't use any of the keys on that side of the kb, Space included.

I have to rely on mouse clicking any items in the loot screen until they fix this stupid, hidden hard-coded keybind system.
Perhaps this could help you: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/15/?
Haven't tried that yet, but I think it was designed primarily for the movement key issues, and isn't able to get to those hardcoded options quite yet.
The main issue is that the mouse cursor on generation of the loot window is not set on the first item but the second
(i think they forgot to move its position with the patch)

so mashing E will not loot the first item on the list and clear the window

so we need a new mouse cursor generation point on the larger loot window
or an option to enable the old loot window
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Letsparty