It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all,
Here I am with a fresh copy of the GOTY trying to make the configuration make my bidding but not having much luck. Looking at how the game behaves resolution wise with black borders on the main menu for any resolution that isn't 16:9 and a hud that clearly isn't using all of the screen real-estate I have to ask, is this game locked at a 16:9 aspect ratio?
I see that there are some config edits and mods that you can use but I really don't want to do that for a 2016 game.

Have a good one!
jema: Hello all,
Here I am with a fresh copy of the GOTY trying to make the configuration make my bidding but not having much luck. Looking at how the game behaves resolution wise with black borders on the main menu for any resolution that isn't 16:9 and a hud that clearly isn't using all of the screen real-estate I have to ask, is this game locked at a 16:9 aspect ratio?
I see that there are some config edits and mods that you can use but I really don't want to do that for a 2016 game.

Have a good one!
No it isn't locked. What you are describing sounds like an operating system/hardware issue (Windows 10?).
Hickory: No it isn't locked. What you are describing sounds like an operating system/hardware issue (Windows 10?).
Still with 7. I don't think it is related to hardware unless my 16:10 monitor is causing it. When I try to adjust the hud size the vertical slider it at max but the hud is no where near the edge of my monitor. Can't find any setting for the aspect ratio.
Hickory: No it isn't locked. What you are describing sounds like an operating system/hardware issue (Windows 10?).
jema: Still with 7. I don't think it is related to hardware unless my 16:10 monitor is causing it. When I try to adjust the hud size the vertical slider it at max but the hud is no where near the edge of my monitor. Can't find any setting for the aspect ratio.
Do you have a non-standard native screen resolution?
Hickory: Do you have a non-standard native screen resolution?
No.
Hickory: Do you have a non-standard native screen resolution?
jema: No.
Ok, it seems there is a slight issue with the HUD on 16:10 screens -- CDP says it was a design decision -- but you can fix it manually. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to ..\Documents\The Witcher 3\ and open 'user.settings' in notepad (BACK UP FIRST), Now find the entry:

uiVerticalFrameScale=1

and change it to

uiVerticalFrameScale=1.125

That should fix the HUD.
Fixed it by returning it. Thanks for your effort!
jema: Fixed it by returning it. Thanks for your effort!
Worked just fine on my 21:9 monitor. Don't know what your problem was.