It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Solarriors: I am getting crash to desktop after setting the brightness on first launch.
I'm on an i7-1255U and Win 11, using Origin to GOG version.
not any particular fix.
VS2008, DX9 and .NET3.0&4.5 are installed
Same with me; as soon as I accept the brightness, the game crashes. Have you found any fixes yet?
GoG_CR: Same with me; as soon as I accept the brightness, the game crashes. Have you found any fixes yet?
Yes I did. Actually I mistakenly edited the config.ini and set all the graphics settings to "5" instead of their standard value from the video settings menu. Also Shadows must be off apparently.
I reinstalled the PCwiki 2022 fix and it worked.
The only actual needed steps are 1 to 3.
Post edited May 21, 2023 by Solarriors
So I have this issue where no grass or environmental details appear, despite everything set to max, and shadows off.
I just bought and downloaded this game on GoG in Windows 11 with a 6 core i7.

Doesn't open. Runs for a split moment and closes.

My screen is 60Hz so I know it isn't the refresh rate bug.

I tried manually patching the game exe via the posted mega link, still the same issue happens.

I even tried using Windowed mode or compatibility mode for XP and 7.

Any ideas? I'm running the latest AMD drivers for my setup.
Post edited July 28, 2023 by NekoCahlan
I had this running 6 months ago and it stopped working when I tried it again just now. This happens with or without the fixes in the original post.

Weirdly, it works with Windows 98 compatibility mode. I had to copy my old config.ini and save data to the compatibility location (C:\Users\Public\... instead of C:\Users\MyUsername\Public Documents\MyGames\The Saboteur).
I was helped by three steps to run the game:
1. replace the .exe file from the revised version from goga (I myself have a version from EA)
2. modify the config.ini file in the directory
*YOUR_USER* \nDocuments, My Games, Saboteur, SaveGames.
so that the RefreshRate is no higher than 60, and at the bottom add Windowed 1 so that the game starts in windowed mode
3. before launching disable msi afterburner, if the application is running you will only see a black screen and the game will throw to the desktop
Post edited September 23, 2023 by sebo1020