It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The new update appears to have broken support for 2560x1440 resolution. Previously I had no trouble playing the game in my native resolution. Now that option is no longer present and the game plays inside a black border while running fullscreen on my monitor. Editing the config file to support my native resolution has no effect.

macOS 10.14.6 Mojave.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
The same is valid for the Linux version.

Native resolution of my monitor ist 2560x1600. No chance.
The program offes a resolution of only 1920x1200 windowed or fullscreen.

But even this does not work, it is simply broken.
The game runs fullscreen in a area of 1920x1200 on the left side of the screen and is therefore completely unplayable in this state.

Good work Re-Logic.
Post edited May 17, 2020 by PresetM
Same here.

macOS Catalina (10.15) on a 27-inch iMac.
Setting my resolution to 1600x900 and selecting Fullscreen does stretch the image to fit the screen, but the cursor is constrained to a smaller rectangle in the upper left corner, making the game unplayable. Essentially, I can now only play in a window.

Please fix this.

I would post this on their own forums, but they have been down for a couple of days now.
Clocknova: Setting my resolution to 1600x900 and selecting Fullscreen does stretch the image to fit the screen, but the cursor is constrained to a smaller rectangle in the upper left corner, making the game unplayable. Essentially, I can now only play in a window.

Please fix this.

I would post this on their own forums, but they have been down for a couple of days now.
As ive just said on another thread, apparently the game resolution maxes out at 1920x1080 right now. Perhaps try that specifically?

EDIT: seems restarting the computer is working for some: https://steamcommunity.com/app/105600/discussions/0/3606765810638385820/
Post edited May 17, 2020 by Sachys
Clocknova: Setting my resolution to 1600x900 and selecting Fullscreen does stretch the image to fit the screen, but the cursor is constrained to a smaller rectangle in the upper left corner, making the game unplayable. Essentially, I can now only play in a window.

Please fix this.

Sachys: As ive just said on another thread, apparently the game resolution maxes out at 1920x1080 right now. Perhaps try that specifically?

EDIT: seems restarting the computer is working for some: https://steamcommunity.com/app/105600/discussions/0/3606765810638385820/
It works, but only in a window, or fullscreen with a thick black border around it; essentially windowed. Just reverted to the last 1.3 build and my native resolution has been restored. Will hold off on the 1.4 update until they fix this, but I really don't know why they would have broken it in the first place.
Their forums are finally back again and just added to a report on this issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. If, however, this is a "feature," I will be supremely pissed.
They know about the problem and are looking into it.
PresetM: The same is valid for the Linux version.

Native resolution of my monitor ist 2560x1600. No chance.
The program offes a resolution of only 1920x1200 windowed or fullscreen.

But even this does not work, it is simply broken.
The game runs fullscreen in a area of 1920x1200 on the left side of the screen and is therefore completely unplayable in this state.

Good work Re-Logic.
I've had this problem since the first few Journey's End patches came out. As of the date of this post I'm using the most current v1.4.0.5, and Terraria only shows 1920 x 1080 maximum resolution.

Here's my current work around of this issue in case no one figured it out on their own. For reference I'm running Linuxmint 20 64-bit Cinnamon at 2560 x 1440 resolution.

1.) Change your screen resolution to 1920 x 1080.

2.) Run Terraria and observe that it looks and works correctly.

3.) If so, alt-tab back to the desktop and change the screen resolution back to whatever it normally is.

4.) Usually this is enough. But this time on this version of Terraria and my current Linux distribution, the user interface was really small and just about impossible to read and see.

5.) So I had to go into my file manager program, press "CTRL + H" to show hidden files and folders. At the root of your home folder go into: /.local/share/Terraria

6.) Open the config file with a text editor program and adjust the setting "UI scale" to 1.0 or higher depending on what you like, then save and exit. You only need to do this step once.

Every time you exit and play the game, or re-boot your computer after this you'll have to repeat steps one through three.

The game is absolutely playable this way. You unfortunately just have to put a bit more work into it.
I experienced problems with 4k resolution (3840 x 2160 pix) under Linux - but it seems to be at least related with problems under 2560x1440 so I just add this here.

FullHD is the largest resolution of the game which is just a small window - if switched to fullscreen only the 1st left upper quarter is really used by the game but the rest is tried to be filled - when doing a screenshot it seems to use the entire screen when put to focus, but then the mouse was limited to reach the 1st quarter of the screen only. So it can not be played on a 4k screen - which is quite common today.
So resolution and fullscreen should be reworked ... it seems really broken.
This kind of problem is new to me ... (NWN:EE comes to my mind - but this lacks fullscreen completely).
So I am about to contacted the Re-Logic Support and will report any information I may get below this message.

On a sidenote: this game (and several others) seem to abort with "System.TypeInitializationException: ... Magic number is wrong: 542" when $TERM variable is not set to "xterm" but to something else - e.g. to "xterm-256color" (just check by "echo $TERM" in terminal window if you encounter such messages).
To get around that one just has to add the line:
  export TERM=xterm
to the beginning of the start script (start.sh).

JMB

===

Information gathered after creation of this forum contribution:
o Seems like the game now - fresh version 1.4.1.0 (41944) of today, 14. Oct. 2020, runs
  under 4k fullscreen concerning my problem ... but just from first inspection ...
Post edited October 14, 2020 by JMB9
As of version 1.4.1.1 this screen resolution problem is fixed for me on Linux. Update your game and you might be fine.