It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Waltorious: This version has iMuse, fully voiced dialogue, and 640x480 resolution (but no texture maps). There were some hints that GOG is working on getting this version, but we have no idea how long that will take or if it will end up happening at all.
I know, I've mostly played the Collector's CD-ROM versions of these games myself and know what GOGers are missing and was extremely frustrated when I discovered that out of all versions these definitive ones are missing on GOG. I got confused, though, when people started implying that the floppy version of TIE Fighter does not have iMuse.

And actually it was more than some hints (concerning the work on the Collector's CD-ROM versions). The guy from Disney responsible for the cooperation with GOG actually tweeted that they are working on it.
F4LL0UT: And actually it was more than some hints (concerning the work on the Collector's CD-ROM versions). The guy from Disney responsible for the cooperation with GOG actually tweeted that they are working on it.
That's great, I hope they get it! (EDIT: They did!)

And I probably should have replied to Kharnellius instead of you... I was just trying to clarify that one of the versions GOG provides has iMuse while the other does not. I realize you probably knew this already.
Post edited February 22, 2016 by Waltorious
F4LL0UT: If it was present in the floppy version GOG's release has iMuse because that's the version GOG provides (alongside the Windows ports). I haven't really checked this version out yet but others have stated that iMuse is in fact present in GOG's DOS version.
Waltorious: My understanding is the following: GOG DOS version (original floppy version) has iMuse, but does not have much voiced dialogue. Also, the resolution is limited to 320x200. GOG Windows version DOES NOT have iMuse, but uses the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter engine, which means 640x480 graphics with textures maps, and it includes fully voiced dialogue.

What most people want, however, is the one version that GOG does not have, which is the 1995 DOS CD-ROM version. This version has iMuse, fully voiced dialogue, and 640x480 resolution (but no texture maps). There were some hints that GOG is working on getting this version, but we have no idea how long that will take or if it will end up happening at all.
Yep, that's the version I would LOVE to have.
Waltorious: My understanding is the following: GOG DOS version (original floppy version) has iMuse, but does not have much voiced dialogue. Also, the resolution is limited to 320x200. GOG Windows version DOES NOT have iMuse, but uses the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter engine, which means 640x480 graphics with textures maps, and it includes fully voiced dialogue.

What most people want, however, is the one version that GOG does not have, which is the 1995 DOS CD-ROM version. This version has iMuse, fully voiced dialogue, and 640x480 resolution (but no texture maps). There were some hints that GOG is working on getting this version, but we have no idea how long that will take or if it will end up happening at all.
Kharnellius: Yep, that's the version I would LOVE to have.
The CD ROM version is now included.
Yeah, this is an older thread... since then, GOG has added the 1995 DOS CD-ROM version. One gets all three versions (1994 floppy, 1995 CD-ROM, and 1998 Windows version) with the purchase.

I've updated my posts to make this clear.