It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This game has been such a breeze to get running and I had 360 support out of the "box" but...

I'd love to use cockpit mode and look around with the second (right) stick on a 360 controller but I can't use anything but the HAT buttons (d-pad). I'd love to know if there is a way to use the second stick.
This question / problem has been solved by korellimage
dangustaargus: This game has been such a breeze to get running and I had 360 support out of the "box" but...

I'd love to use cockpit mode and look around with the second (right) stick on a 360 controller but I can't use anything but the HAT buttons (d-pad). I'd love to know if there is a way to use the second stick.
Well, you could always use something like Xpadder or Joy2Key to map the right stick to the relevant keyboard buttons for looking around in the cockpit. I imagine that would work.
dangustaargus: This game has been such a breeze to get running and I had 360 support out of the "box" but...

korell: Well, you could always use something like Xpadder or Joy2Key to map the right stick to the relevant keyboard buttons for looking around in the cockpit. I imagine that would work.
Thanks, I use that to allow my 360 controller to have an ESC key... so maybe it'll work. But it might interfere with functionality in other games.
Post edited January 25, 2015 by dangustaargus
korell: Well, you could always use something like Xpadder or Joy2Key to map the right stick to the relevant keyboard buttons for looking around in the cockpit. I imagine that would work.
dangustaargus: Thanks, I use that to allow my 360 controller to have an ESC key... so maybe it'll work. But it might interfere with functionality in other games.
You use Xpadder when you want to use the mapping, not all the while. You can even save profiles for individual games. It isn't something that is always running so it shouldn't interfere with other games.

However, I've just tried the keyboard look keys and they aren't a camera pan like you are after, so I don't think it will work well. But try and see anyway.

An alternative (and a lot more complicated) is to use a virtual joystick like I have done with my 360 controller. My 360 controller is set up as controller 2, whilst controller 1 (the preferred controller in Windows Control Panel) is vJoy (you can download vJoy for free). I then use Universal Joystick Remapper (also free) to map my 360 controls onto the virtual joystick. With this active I can then map my right stick to the hat (in this case the D-pad).
dangustaargus: Thanks, I use that to allow my 360 controller to have an ESC key... so maybe it'll work. But it might interfere with functionality in other games.
korell: You use Xpadder when you want to use the mapping, not all the while. You can even save profiles for individual games. It isn't something that is always running so it shouldn't interfere with other games.

However, I've just tried the keyboard look keys and they aren't a camera pan like you are after, so I don't think it will work well. But try and see anyway.

An alternative (and a lot more complicated) is to use a virtual joystick like I have done with my 360 controller. My 360 controller is set up as controller 2, whilst controller 1 (the preferred controller in Windows Control Panel) is vJoy (you can download vJoy for free). I then use Universal Joystick Remapper (also free) to map my 360 controls onto the virtual joystick. With this active I can then map my right stick to the hat (in this case the D-pad).
seems like this is probably the best route... as the game only natively supports one stick. Ah well. I might give this a go, but I can live without it either way.
You could try using Xpadder (or similar) to map TAB+cursor key to each of the four directions on the right stick. That might work, but I don't know if it would affect movement in-game when you use it.