It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've got a nice modern PC and an old 1280x960 CRT monitor to show it off on (yeah, I know, monitors are the last thing I budget for, so it just never gets upgraded).

For whatever reason, the GOG version of this game insists on running in a letterboxed 16:9 widescreen ratio instead of it's original 4:3 ratio. I'm running in the right ratio for my monitor, so I'm very confused as to why this is happening. Was this an edit to the game designed with modern widescreen in mind? Is there a way to disable it so it goes full screen at the right ratio again?

Thank you for any help you can provide, unless your idea of help is "just buy a new monitor". I'm... aware of that notion already.
Better late than never I guess?

But yes, the GOG version is hardcoded to run in 16:9 for whatever reason, even if you pick a 4:3 resolution, leading to distortion. You have to replace the .exes with the original ones + some other stuff and use dgVoodoo if you want to run the game in a proper aspect. I followed the instructions here + posted some insights in the last post.

https://www.gog.com/forum/soulbringer/game_keeps_stretching_to_169_ratio_even_when_a_43_resolution_is_picked

Example screen from the game running in 1920x1440 in dgVoodoo with undistorted aspect:
Attachments:
Post edited June 14, 2023 by idbeholdME