It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Could anyone please tell me what these options under "Screen Setting" do?

Screen= Type A, Type B
Focus= Normal, Soft (I believe this is probably a pixel or flicker filter, but I'm not sure)
Character= Type 1~Type 6

I've messed around with these options a bit, but didn't notice a difference.
This question / problem has been solved by TheMonkofDestinyimage
Screen type adjusts aspect ratio (screen height, technically). It won't make much of a visible difference on a monitor, but if you notice things looking more squished than usual with one option compared to the other, then that should confirm it.

The focus setting is a pixel filter option. If you're using soft then you won't notice much of a change when...

you adjust the character type options because those are just additional graphic filters applied to the characters as well.

I hope that clears up things for you.
Post edited April 12, 2020 by TheMonkofDestiny
TheMonkofDestiny: Screen type adjusts aspect ratio (screen height, technically). It won't make much of a visible difference on a monitor, but if you notice things looking more squished than usual with one option compared to the other, then that should confirm it.

The focus setting is a pixel filter option. If you're using soft then you won't notice much of a change when...

you adjust the character type options because those are just additional graphic filters applied to the characters as well.

I hope that clears up things for you.
Thank you for your help. :)
Glad I could help.
Post edited April 13, 2020 by TheMonkofDestiny