It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, there are probably a few threads on this infamous topic, but I also need help. :(
I've already had RCT2 installed on my computer but it would not open up game saves and crashes at random times.
I today decided to look online and try my luck with GOG's version since they have stated that theirs have Windows 8 compatibility. It still does the same thing! :( Im sure it may be a problem with my computer or the current OS (Windows 8 grrrr). So i wonder do anyone have any solutions? or I might be refunding this game soon :(
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
MimiCakesx: (snip)
Try different compatibility modes (98, 2000, XP and 7) and activate the option to run the game as administrator on the compatibility tab.
Go to the game's installation folder, right-click RCT2.exe, select Properties and you'll find the options on the Compatibility tab. Now start the game directly with RCT2.exe.

As GOG states compatibility for Windows 8, you can also send a support ticket. If they aren't able to get it running you can make use of the 30 days money back guarantee.
It finally seems to be working in XP! Thank you!
I wish the trainers would as well but hey.
MimiCakesx: It finally seems to be working in XP! Thank you!
Keep trying, some of them work with this game version, so its up to win8 to prevent or allow them.

I only have win7, but maybe something helps. I had massive problems with son of beast, it would just freeze everything, game, trainer, windows. Lowering the game's cpu priority before starting the trainer fixes that. Spongetrainer demands admin mode and won't run otherwise. Don't remember if I had to do something special with 8cars... exclusion for the antivirus probably, like all trainers the AV freaks out about them. Never got TRG to work.
MimiCakesx: It finally seems to be working in XP! Thank you!
flickas: Keep trying, some of them work with this game version, so its up to win8 to prevent or allow them.

I only have win7, but maybe something helps. I had massive problems with son of beast, it would just freeze everything, game, trainer, windows. Lowering the game's cpu priority before starting the trainer fixes that. Spongetrainer demands admin mode and won't run otherwise. Don't remember if I had to do something special with 8cars... exclusion for the antivirus probably, like all trainers the AV freaks out about them. Never got TRG to work.
Hopefully so! because the SOB trainer does not work :( it helps the game be a little more enjoyable when you don't feel like waiting for money to build back up slowly.
how do you use the son of beast it does not work even when i have the game open