It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone,

We have uploaded the latest patch for Rise of the Triad 2013. This is the 1.01 patch that will let you play multiplayer (Yay! :D) without geting mysteriously kicked off.

Also there are a couple of other fixes which are listed below:

- Offline LAN visibility in the Server Browser now works properly
- UE3 Game Braking Debug Commands (F1-12) now disabled

Please enjoy the multiplayer and get some ludicrous gibs! :D
You're welcome.
Where can you download the patch for 1.0.1
Why does it have to be downloaded off of GoG? I thought it would use the update button on the launcher.
AshMac289: Where can you download the patch for 1.0.1
Hi Ashmac289

You can find this by logging into your GOG.com account, then hovering your mouse over "My Account" along the top of the gog site, and clicking "My Games" on the drop down menu.

Scroll down to Rise of the Triad in your games collection and click on it, then look in the games downloads for "Universal update 2.0.1 [6mb]". Hope this helps!
tbirdo: Why does it have to be downloaded off of GoG? I thought it would use the update button on the launcher.
Hi Tbirdo

We decided to end our Patching Server partnership since it took too long for them to ship the patch. We entered a partnership with GOG instead, and as a result, the patch is now hosted in the gog game inventory under Rise of the Triad.
Post edited August 09, 2013 by blackmantis
AshMac289: Where can you download the patch for 1.0.1
blackmantis: Hi Ashmac289

You can find this by logging into your GOG.com account, then hovering your mouse over "My Account" along the top of the gog site, and clicking "My Games" on the drop down menu.

Scroll down to Rise of the Triad in your games collection and click on it, then look in the games downloads for "Universal update 2.0.1 [6mb]". Hope this helps!
tbirdo: Why does it have to be downloaded off of GoG? I thought it would use the update button on the launcher.
blackmantis: Hi Tbirdo

We decided to end our Patching Server partnership since it took too long for them to ship the patch. We entered a partnership with GOG instead, and as a result, the patch is now hosted in the gog game inventory under Rise of the Triad.
Thanks for the info. You guys are doing a better job than Gearbox did with launch issues with DNF. Okay that's more of a slam on them than a compliment to you. Thanks for your hard work, keeping the community informed about issues, and the work you are putting in to address them.

That is a brilliant idea and also settled my internal debate as whether to purchase on here or steam. I bought it from GOG if that wasn't clear :D
Post edited August 10, 2013 by Rassilon
blackmantis: We decided to end our Patching Server partnership since it took too long for them to ship the patch. We entered a partnership with GOG instead, and as a result, the patch is now hosted in the gog game inventory under Rise of the Triad.
Nice decision!

Game updates should always be released as separate downloads, making it possible to update the software later, without an Internet connection. Auto-patching should only be optional for extra convenience.
Finally!
I can play online again! Thanks for the fix guise, hopefully it will all be smooth sailing from here
Any word on improving the optimization and performance of the game?
They are working on patch 1.1 that will have more improvements with optimization.
Yawn, it's too late tonight and I'm too drunk to play online... but I know what i'm doing all day tomorrow :D
KrazyKain: Yawn, it's too late tonight and I'm too drunk to play online... but I know what i'm doing all day tomorrow :D
Haha, yes! We need some proper servers up! Anyone in a position to set up a good dedicated UK server?
Valerie: Any word on improving the optimization and performance of the game?
Both stability and performance are at the top of our list at the moment, as this seems to be the most common embuggerance. Hopefully we should have everyone getting a much smoother experience after the patch is out ;)

KrazyKain: Yawn, it's too late tonight and I'm too drunk to play online... but I know what i'm doing all day tomorrow :D
Kubular: Haha, yes! We need some proper servers up! Anyone in a position to set up a good dedicated UK server?
I'll be hosting the official AUS server from time to time. It is labled "Apogee Australia QLD 01" or "Apogee Australia 01".
I am getting "Someone is already logged in from a different IP" after this patch.

On unrelated note, the guy asking about UK server must indeed be thrilled about server in Australia, that ping will be delightful. :D

EDIT: Login works fine now.
Post edited August 11, 2013 by BlueSharkCZ