It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all,

So, what's the difference?
Especially between hard and 1980? 1980 is just harder?

Cheers!
"1980s" is a referential way of saying "Nightmare/Torment/Impossible/etc" difficulty. It's "just" harder than Hard.
The only difference is that the game gets harder, stats-wise, and with 1980s mode the only way how to resurrect characters is only with a res crystal while in the other three you can just sleep to revive them, I think. the game should alert you when you pick the difficulty of this though.
Thanks!

I was going for more specifics, but that's all good.

I'll try med for the first pass. I like challenging but not frustrating.

Cheers!
Green Hilltop: The only difference is that the game gets harder, stats-wise, and with 1980s mode the only way how to resurrect characters is only with a res crystal while in the other three you can just sleep to revive them, I think. the game should alert you when you pick the difficulty of this though.
You can revive using Vampire or Witch's skill if they are alive (You get the skill at certain level, Vampire gets it earlier than witch).
Post edited June 03, 2014 by spiritdude
After a few level (8) I find Medium pretty easy so far.
While the opponents are getting stronger, I find like many games as you progress and get better equipped, things actually get easier.

Is that a valid observation for mid and end game?

I also started a game on hard in parallel, and because I had poor luck in finding decent gear, the first boss was a very difficult fight, I could not do it without at least one summon dying. (Note that I had really bad gear at that point.)
jfamiot: After a few level (8) I find Medium pretty easy so far.
While the opponents are getting stronger, I find like many games as you progress and get better equipped, things actually get easier.

Is that a valid observation for mid and end game?

I also started a game on hard in parallel, and because I had poor luck in finding decent gear, the first boss was a very difficult fight, I could not do it without at least one summon dying. (Note that I had really bad gear at that point.)
From my experience, and what I have read in other posts, the first two bosses are some of the hardest in the game, given the level at which you have to fight them.
Awesome!

Thanks, So Hard will be perfect challenge.