It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This can't be right surely? Looking at screenshots and video it seems it shouldn't look like this, unless those are modded? I can't figure out what is causing this. My PC runs the game fine performance-wise, but it has Intel HD graphics. I'm wondering if this could be the cause, or something else? I'd appreciate some help please guys.

*EDIT* I took a pic of the trees, but GOG won't allow it as the file is "too big". I'll try to take another pic later, but in the meantime I'll try to describe the problem: Basically the trees look like they are suspended in mid-air, or rather, they have no trunks. Some individual trees dotted about the place look fine. The problem can be seen usually in large wooded areas. The effect is "floating bushes" (which are actually the tree tops - the only part that can be seen).
Attachments:
Post edited April 03, 2015 by RetroCodger426
This question / problem has been solved by Strijkboutimage
RetroCodger426: ...
For a start, check for the newest drivers and try setting the options in your graphic card's control panel back to default.
Thanks. Done and done. I've also tried various compatibility settings and changing the renderer from Opengl to Direct X to no avail
RetroCodger426: ... changing the renderer from Opengl to Direct X to no avail
Hm, that would have been my next tip.
I'd tried direct x again and for some unknown reason, this time it worked, sort of (the clouds are fixed, but the strange forests remain).

Here is an image of the strange trees. As you can see, it looks a little odd. Viewed from above however, they look okay. I'm wondering: Are these supposed to look this way given the limitations of the tech at the time?
Attachments:
RetroCodger426: I'd tried direct x again and for some unknown reason, this time it worked, sort of (the clouds are fixed, but the strange forests remain).

Here is an image of the strange trees. As you can see, it looks a little odd. Viewed from above however, they look okay. I'm wondering: Are these supposed to look this way given the limitations of the tech at the time?
The forests are supposed to look that way, they're multilayered sprites but normally you only get that sort of pictures when taken from ground level. Drawing individual trees would have been too resource heavy for 10 year+ old PC's
RetroCodger426: I'd tried direct x again and for some unknown reason, this time it worked, sort of (the clouds are fixed, but the strange forests remain).

Strijkbout: The forests are supposed to look that way, they're multilayered sprites but normally you only get that sort of pictures when taken from ground level. Drawing individual trees would have been too resource heavy for 10 year+ old PC's
Thankyou, I kind of figured (well hoped) that might be the case. At least now I can stop worrying that my game has a problem that needs fixing and just get on and enjoy the thing! Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)