It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I own Pacific Fighters but wanted the whole package so I purchased this from GOG. I installed on a new system with no previous installs. On the original Pacific Fighters I had you could choose USN Carrier Take Off and choose whatever plane. On the COG version it directs me to the training mission where you have to watch the video. At the end of the video the text states you can now play the training mission yourself however when I try it still directs me back to the training video. If I go ahead and try to fly, it starts me in the air and not on the carrier.
Im running Windows 7 but I was also running Windows 7 with my original Pacific Fighters and did not have this issue.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Are you running it as admin by right clicking on the shortcut?
widowmaker: I own Pacific Fighters but wanted the whole package so I purchased this from GOG. I installed on a new system with no previous installs. On the original Pacific Fighters I had you could choose USN Carrier Take Off and choose whatever plane. On the COG version it directs me to the training mission where you have to watch the video. At the end of the video the text states you can now play the training mission yourself however when I try it still directs me back to the training video. If I go ahead and try to fly, it starts me in the air and not on the carrier.
I'm running Windows 7 but I was also running Windows 7 with my original Pacific Fighters and did not have this issue.

I tested mine since I never do single player. Had the same result as you. However when I went into the difficulty options, noticed it was on easy. selected realistic and viola, I started on the carrier. If you go to the second page for difficulty, there is a switch entitled "Takeoffs & Landings" If it is unlit, you will have an air start. If it is lit, you should start on the deck.