It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a way to remove the gunsight that appears on all the planes? It looks really off having a modern metal gunsight on a plane made of wood. Plus it's in the way of my vision and even blocks the dials on some planes.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
hort_wort: Is there a way to remove the gunsight that appears on all the planes? It looks really off having a modern metal gunsight on a plane made of wood. Plus it's in the way of my vision and even blocks the dials on some planes.

Did you checked all options and submenus? You can also try to check any text config files in game directory.
I looked everywhere: config files, difficulty and graphics controls, cockpit controls... There *has* to be a way to get rid of the thing. It doesn't appear in the screenshots that ship with the game for the plane I'm using (IL-2 of course), so I know it isn't supposed to be there.
hort_wort: I looked everywhere: config files, difficulty and graphics controls, cockpit controls... There *has* to be a way to get rid of the thing. It doesn't appear in the screenshots that ship with the game for the plane I'm using (IL-2 of course), so I know it isn't supposed to be there.

I think its the delete button try that.
Ralackk: I think its the delete button try that.

Nope, delete just makes you zoom in. The gunsight is still there, and I still can't see my compass. Shift-F1 also makes you zoom in, but I think that makes you look into a bombsight if you're flying a bomber, I haven't flown one yet.
hort_wort: Nope, delete just makes you zoom in. The gunsight is still there, and I still can't see my compass. Shift-F1 also makes you zoom in, but I think that makes you look into a bombsight if you're flying a bomber, I haven't flown one yet.

Don't know then, not even sure its possible. Best I could advise is you raise your seat in the plane to get a little better view.