It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We tested Huntdown in SiPl and locCoop modes under GNU/Linux using
current version 1.227 (47024) and found some bugs:

1) Controller support broken for Logitech gamepad F310:
In Controller Setup the menu looks like this (default with Logitech F310):
   0 - Jump - A       2 - Shoot - X
   1 - Action - B      3 - Throw - Y
   6 - Dash - RT     8 - Start - ? (-NA-)
   9 - Back - ? (-NA-)
which we changed to this setting (leaving 0 to 3 as is, of cause):
   4 - Dash - RB     7 - Start - LT
   5 - Back - LB     (6 - not used - RT)
[keys `Back´, `Start´ and `Logitech´ are not recognized - no problem with other Unity games]
For those unfamiliar with controllers and the abbrevitation I recommend my small intro:
   o https://www.jmb-edu.de/pdfs/Logitech_F310_Sketch.pdf
or the documents from Logitch:
   o https://www.logitech.com/assets/35017/gamepad-f310-gsw.pdf
   o https://www.logitechg.com/de-de/products/gamepads/f310-gamepad.940-000135.html
as given on the product page.

2) The frequent cutscenes interrupt the action flow - which spoiled the fun for us.
An option disabling the cutscenes would be invaluable - as one could see the cutscenes for atmosphere
and after seeing them can switch them off to have fun playing and getting in flow with the game like it
is the case for the similar "Metal Slug" by SNK.
Having to wait means ruining the immersion and action flow for us.

3) Better assigning of players to the respective controller.
Normally 1st person pressing any button is P1, second is P2 - here it is really complicated using settings
(this precedure is noted on the GOG product page).

4) Using symbols and abbreviations for the respective controller.
In settings and of cause in the explanation of controls - maybe not only the default but
if configuration was changed given the currently set controls of P1 - the appropriate symbols
and abbreviations should be given, e.g. A,B,X,Y, Start, Back, R|LB, R|LT, R|LS if Xbox-compatible).
Would be really helpful for starters - as the numbers are not commonly known.

5) More flexible settings for keys / option for Twin-Stick Shooter:
It would be nice to be able to define 2 different keys for each action (e.g. X or RB to shoot, Y or LB to throw)
like it is done in e.g. "Fury Unleashed".
Additionally a real twin-stick shooter option (using RS for direct aiming&shooting, here in front/rear directions
as shooting is limited) would be an interesting option being more intuitive (thus better suited for fast action)
and much better for the action flow (i.e. immersion).

6) Better defaults from the start concerning resolution and VSYNC option.
I use 4k (3840x2160 pix) under GNU/Linux using a 4k screen and the game default was FullHD (1920x1080) only.
Normal programs (even old ones) directly use 4k on my system as would be the only logical default.
Additionally the screen tearing is enormous (with AMD RDNA1/Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5700 XT], while Nvidia
seems to use VSYNC no matter what option is set) when VSYNC is off.
So the default should be on (AFAIK there are no drawbacks with these behaviour).

7) A manual (in PDF) would be nice (mentioned in a review if I remember correctly) ...
Especially if one would see the default settings for all supported controllers and one get some
additional info which is really missing for a real retro game.

With completion of this list I will mail these bugs and weaknesses to the developers.
If I get some info, I will put it in this task directly.
Post edited May 19, 2021 by JMB9
I already got a really fast reaction (less than 10 hours) from the developers:
  - they have ordered a Logitech Gamepad F310 and will make sure that it works better in the next update
  - they will look into the other bugs and see what they can do
  - they gave the download link to the PDF manual:
        o https://huntdown.com/manual/Manual-Huntdown.pdf
     which shows the XBox button symbols ...

So it looks good that the situation will soon be improved and that this somehow came not into focus right now
by the gamers using it a year before it came to Steam and GOG ... and of cause the implementation on consoles
may differ in various aspects ... I just see the Linux version from GOG as given in this thread's subject.

This reaction is really worth 5 stars ... starting to deliver and explaining the way forward - and maybe a future version
will fully deserve this mark of 5 out of 5 stars in all aspects ...

I will report on the state of the bug report when a new version will hit the offline installer on GOG.
Post edited May 20, 2021 by JMB9
delete
Post edited October 25, 2021 by apfelnymous