It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Holy sporks.

I want badly to buy this game - both because you play as a tribesman who hunts robot dinosaurs, and because I want to continue encouraging companies to make PC ports and put AAA games on GOG - but 68.1 GB?! That's more than a quarter of my hard drive. I've been watching sizes go up steadily, culminating in things like >20GB for distinctly non-AAA titles like Pathfinder and Wasteland 3, but...68.1 GB?! I want to stop just repeating that number, but...68.1 GB?!
Minchandre: Holy sporks.

I want badly to buy this game - both because you play as a tribesman who hunts robot dinosaurs, and because I want to continue encouraging companies to make PC ports and put AAA games on GOG - but 68.1 GB?! That's more than a quarter of my hard drive. I've been watching sizes go up steadily, culminating in things like >20GB for distinctly non-AAA titles like Pathfinder and Wasteland 3, but...68.1 GB?! I want to stop just repeating that number, but...68.1 GB?!
It seems to me more or less caused by a sorta trade-off for graphics and all that junk.. Aswell as to ensure it works on new systems and it seems lots of games have what amounts to for a lack of a better term ''bloatware '' in the coding/data as best I can tell some games with a huge need for space aren't really much different then earlier games in the IP yet the new one takes up way more space then a near identical eariler installment in everything.. Outside of graphics and afew other tweaks
Post edited November 25, 2020 by BanditKeith2
I guess I don't flinch at 68GB any more lol. After installing Call of Duty (150GB+) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (120GB+). I do think so many of these games are bloated though. I think optimization is the least of their concerns any more. Probably a dozen GB of data that is really irrelevant or could be optimized out.
HTWingNut: I guess I don't flinch at 68GB any more lol. After installing Call of Duty (150GB+) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (120GB+). I do think so many of these games are bloated though. I think optimization is the least of their concerns any more. Probably a dozen GB of data that is really irrelevant or could be optimized out.
I still flinch at it despite what is surely a massive hard drive size( 4TB as I got it cheap someone didn't want to keep as they oddly wasn't desiring to keep a perfectly good sized harddrive despite downgrading in a sense atleast size to a 1TB SSD) Perhaps for this year was when I truly got into pc gaming fully rather then casually (mainly had a lack of time til this year )

But back to the main focus of the topic.. I am sure several games have lots of bloat data that can easily be removed ..grranted I don't mind cut or unfinished content data left in a games data/code as it can be rather fun and interesting to see what could have been.. plus it helps prevent such stuff from being lost .. but even then even leaving that stuff in thanks to more savy people found loads of recent or recentish games filled with loads of bloat that is useless and could easily be cut out to shrink a games space it takes up quite abit

Am I the only one with 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD for games only? I'm more concerned about download 68 gigs with a data cap on my internet.
Most games that are open world are this size. More than a quarter of your HDD? In that case, get a bigger HDD because you didnt have enough space to begin with.
well... If you are waiting for Cyberpunk 2077, it's 70 Go !!
All those bells and whistles "4K" games have the same problem : they are getting fatter and fatter...

On PS4 (if my memory serves me right ) it was 48 Go.... I guess it's the price to pay in order to have some 4K textures everywhere.
Post edited November 25, 2020 by rogerT

Welcome to modern PC gaming, where games are bigger and bigger, especially 3D open worlds with outstanding graphics. HZD is not even the biggest one since game trends to siez > 100 Go.
rogerT: well... If you are waiting for Cyberpunk 2077, it's 70 Go !!
All those bells and whistles "4K" games have the same problem : they are getting fatter and fatter...

On PS4 (if my memory serves me right ) it was 48 Go.... I guess it's the price to pay in order to have some 4K textures everywhere.
Its the language packs and graphics and of course overall scale. But if you dont have 4tb space for games youre not doing it right. *cries in only have 2tb and using a spare HDD*
Post edited November 26, 2020 by SarahGabriella
Agreed, it's the largest game I installed to date, next to KCD.

I'm fortunate to have enough SSD space, but I remember older times when I was deleting language files and movies from game directories.

Would be neat if the installers would include the option to only install a single language.