It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we have a new installer for Giana Sisters(not a patch) which will install Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams version 1.01. Also, here's a changelog so you can see what has been added/fixed :D We apologize also for not getting the update in time for Halloween :(

From the official changelog:

Halloween Special
The nightmare isn’t over! For Halloween, Black Forest Games revisits one of the levels from Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams. Based on the Enchanted Mountain Path level, this version brings new challenges in an exclusive night setting surrounded by spooky pumpkins and a ghost invasion.
You can select this level under “Extras” in the main menu. Enjoy – it’s free!

Patch Notes for Version 1.0.1

Gameplay
- More code optimizations for smoother frame rates.
- Removed and/or altered final boss attacks that could trap you or catch you by surprise. Shield gem now spawns after phase 2 instead of after phase 1.
- More checkpoints!
- Miscellaneous level tweaks.
- Trampolines now have more lenient timing.

Audio
- Updated music and sound effects.

Bug Fixes
- Alt-tabbing should no longer cause any issues.
- Dashing into an enemy and rebounding into another should no longer get you killed except in some rare cases.
- Missing screen resolutions for certain refresh rates have been fixed.
- Game no longer crashes if you have no sound card or deactivate it.
- The idle animation can now also be canceled with a crouch as intended.
- Jumping on owls in Score Attack now gives you points as it should.
- Dashing at turtles should now be easier.
- Bricks now always shatter if you dash through them.
- Some erroneous EN text in non-EN languages has been fixed.
- Miscellaneous small fixes to the launcher.

EDIT:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we put up a patch for those of you who have the older version of the game already installed. Also, please accept our apologies for not providing the patch sooner. We'll do better next time, I promise :D
Post edited November 09, 2012 by JudasIscariot
I now have to download (which will take several hours!) and re-install Giana Sister to get the Halloween level and the patch? WTF?!?
Why couldn't you guys give out the patch+level in addition to the installer and leave us a choice?
Post edited November 08, 2012 by Piranjade
I definitely second the demand for a patch.
Honestly, i do not expect the ease of Patch-Management that a service like Steam provides, but expecting us to redownload the whole game for a patch is ridiculous. Update the installer (or not) and add a patch to the downloads. And if the Gamestudio does not want to create a patch, tell us, and we may act accordingly when the next game of that Studio is released.
Additionally, it is very confusing that the new download for Giana Sisters is shown as version 2.0.0, whereas here you talk about version 1.01.
Post edited November 08, 2012 by Ranayna
Hey, thanks for releasing this and I have a question:

Would you advise completely uninstalling the older version or can one simply run the installer?

A slightly off topic question, but is Trine 2 going to become available anytime soon on GOG?

Giana Sisters and Trine are my favorite DRM free platformers at the moment
Something's wrong with the install path too. It won't accept any standard windows paths because of the "()", also not accepting "."
Post edited November 08, 2012 by HanFred
cpucrust: Would you advise completely uninstalling the older version or can one simply run the installer?
After the few hours it took me to download the new installer (grrrr....) I ran it without de-installing first and had no problems and I didn't loose my progress in the game.
It doesn't matter, during deinstallation you'll be asked if savegames shuld be kept or not.
Now this is service :)
Thank you for the separate patch.
A bit too late for me on the patch but thanks all the same! It's the sort of thing we need here carrying on.
Yeah, thanks. Too late for me also, now I'm stuck with the stupid extra-installation path for just that game, which doesn't even require it.
Post edited November 09, 2012 by HanFred
Hey there is a new patch for this game, it is now 1.0.2, it was release on 15 November. where is this new patch for the GOG version is it coming soon?
Any news when the Christmas Patch will be available on GoG?