It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Grargar: Desperados' price is 5 bucks everywhere, with the exception of Amazon. Sure, they are regionally-priced on sites like Humble Store, GamersGate and Steam, but they are still 5 bucks. For this case, I would blame GOG for not allowing classic games to have a lower price. Other examples are Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus with each costing 2.5-3 bucks on other sites, but 6 on GOG.
PaterAlf: And why should that be a problem for Nordic? They sold their classic games for $5.99 here for years and never cared that they were a dollar more expensive than on other stores.
the whole things that happened after the update are just weird. removal, currency options and the explanations of gog and nordic/frictonal (which i dont believe for obvious reasons).

i saw a post here on this thread, suggesting that the removal is just an attempt of gog to push the community to accept regional pricing. and sadly it seems to work :(
Matruchus: Just wanted to point out that Desperados price was not 5$ it was 5.99$ in comparison to Shiny Loots 4.99$. and on Steam 4.99€ (off course the highes price cause off regional pricing).
On Amazon (and till yesterday, GOG), Desperados' price was $6. On all other sites, the price is $5 or €5 for Europeans.
Post edited September 03, 2014 by Grargar
BadDecissions: Like, a lot of people are blaming Nordic, but since Nordic was perfectly willing to sell their games at a single flat, world-wide price until GOG started flailing wildly with its pricing policies ("One world-wide price! More then one world-wide price! One world-wide price except when there isn't! Multiple world-wide prices, but we'll refund the difference! Uh ... one world-wide price, sometimes, and you can pay with your local currency, at a fair exchange rate, except when we can't offer a fair exchange rate? Somebody please help us, we have no idea what we're dooooooing!"), I'm going to assume this is basically GOG's fault.
Hate to say it but this time I think GOG dropped the ball on this one.
BadDecissions: Like, a lot of people are blaming Nordic, but since Nordic was perfectly willing to sell their games at a single flat, world-wide price until GOG started flailing wildly with its pricing policies ("One world-wide price! More then one world-wide price! One world-wide price except when there isn't! Multiple world-wide prices, but we'll refund the difference! Uh ... one world-wide price, sometimes, and you can pay with your local currency, at a fair exchange rate, except when we can't offer a fair exchange rate? Somebody please help us, we have no idea what we're dooooooing!"), I'm going to assume this is basically GOG's fault.
Magmarock: Hate to say it but this time I think GOG dropped the ball on this one.
Yep
Magmarock: Hate to say it but this time I think GOG dropped the ball on this one.
And with the website redesign, they managed to destroy the entire field too.
the regional-pricing is a lie

Best post in the thread so far.
Damn I missed the sale completly. I would have loved to see Aquanox 2 in my Library aswell with some other games :(
Also no Silver and Summoner. Wanted to get them in the next Sale. And this also means that Spellforce 3 won't be on GOG. DAMNED...
Post edited September 06, 2014 by The_Blog
The_Blog: Damn I missed the sale completly. I would have loved to see Aquanox 2 in my Library aswell with some other games :(
Also no Silver and Summoner. Wanted to get them in the next Sale. And this also means that Spellforce 3 won't be on GOG. DAMNED...
Spellforce 3 could still come to GOG but it would be regionally priced. Not all of Nordic's games have been removed.
Still hoping for a resolution.
Post edited September 06, 2014 by undeadcow
Having a strange problem now. I bought Penumbra Collection and Black Mirror 2 during the recent sale. Today I wanted to redownload the manuals and encountered some problems.

When I try to download any bonus content (direct download), an error appears ("403 Forbidden").

When I try to download any bonus content via the GOG downloader, the downloader crashes immediately ("GOG Downloader has stopped working...").

And the download links of the games themselves are not shown anymore. Instead it says "Original game: Black Mirror 2
We recommend buying Black Mirror 2 on GOG.com to guarantee 100% compatibility with the DLC you already own." There is no link anymore, just a checkbox with the text "Don’t show this message anymore." The name of the game is a hyperlink which leads to the gamecard which does not exist anymore, obviousy. And by the way, which DLC???

I know these games have been removed from GOG, so they cannot be purchased anymore, therefore the sale. But I thought you are not affected when you've already bought the game....?

Strangely, Gothic 3 and Black Mirror 1, which I bought several months before, do not have this problem. I can still download them.
ChrisSZ: Having a strange problem now. I bought Penumbra Collection and Black Mirror 2 during the recent sale. Today I wanted to redownload the manuals and encountered some problems.

When I try to download any bonus content (direct download), an error appears ("403 Forbidden").

When I try to download any bonus content via the GOG downloader, the downloader crashes immediately ("GOG Downloader has stopped working...").

And the download links of the games themselves are not shown anymore. Instead it says "Original game: Black Mirror 2
We recommend buying Black Mirror 2 on GOG.com to guarantee 100% compatibility with the DLC you already own." There is no link anymore, just a checkbox with the text "Don’t show this message anymore." The name of the game is a hyperlink which leads to the gamecard which does not exist anymore, obviousy. And by the way, which DLC???

I know these games have been removed from GOG, so they cannot be purchased anymore, therefore the sale. But I thought you are not affected when you've already bought the game....?

Strangely, Gothic 3 and Black Mirror 1, which I bought several months before, do not have this problem. I can still download them.
Before contacting Support about this bug, may I suggest you refresh your account first?
Edit: Fixed link.
Post edited September 07, 2014 by Grargar
ChrisSZ: Having a strange problem now. I bought Penumbra Collection and Black Mirror 2 during the recent sale. Today I wanted to redownload the manuals and encountered some problems.

Grargar: Before contacting Support about this bug, may I suggest you refresh your account first?
Edit: Fixed link.
Thank you for that link. Unfortunately it says "We're overwhelmed by popularity of our service ;-) Please check back soon!" Will try again later.
The_Blog: Damn I missed the sale completly. I would have loved to see Aquanox 2 in my Library aswell with some other games :(
undeadcow: Spellforce 3 could still come to GOG but it would be regionally priced. Not all of Nordic's games have been removed.
Still hoping for a resolution.
I hope so. I would love to get these 3 titles in my library. Maybe they come back one day.
When Spellforce 3 comes regional priced it would be ok for me atleast.
amok: gog very confusing regional pricing system (do anyone really understand it? I don't...)
mobutu: it's pretty easy in the end: store credit for the cases of 1eur=1usd all assesoned with 4 currencies on top ;)
But I thought regional pricing meant to adjust the price based on the general income someone has who is living in that country. Did I get it wrong?
Post edited September 07, 2014 by The_Blog
i think Nordic wants the people plays pirate Silver game instead a legal copy of silver. Is the onle reason that i can found for this desition.
Post edited September 07, 2014 by cristiangiagante
tons of nordic games here drm free just like gog
http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/company/nordic-games