It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for all the info. Also, didn't know about the SSD 30% thing. I don't even notice or care about a slowdown. I just bought it because it was like the new hip thing to these old bulky HD's I have here. That's really it. I just like them cause they're lighter. I have a little USB SSD that sticks right on top of the tower and that's where all my GOG games are. More convenient than a bulky HD.
I'd like to know why updating any larger game through Galaxy makes my hard drive make scary noises but updating with offline installer patches doesn't.
One explanation could be that when updating through Galaxy, in addition to the update proper, Galaxy does its thing as well, hence more movement on the disk, going from the game files to other things, while the offline installer only updates, nothing else.