It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A person on another forum is looking for this game. I don't know what it is, but I think it sounds pretty interesting.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/504923-old-military-strategy-game-from-2000s-on-pc/#entry6802760

The descriptions the person gives are:

"Hello, this isn't very important, but I'm trying to remember a game I played about ten years ago on a old PC that I no longer have. The game was a top down military RTS, or that I remember that was based in modern times.
In it, you were in command of a small amount soldiers who you commanded to go certain places and each had names.
You had a medic and if you received enough money while playing you could buy a tank or some other type of mech.
you started each mission dropped off by a helicopter and the only other thing I could remember was that every time a enemy was killed all the soldiers yelled "tango down".
I don't think it was very popular game, but It is just bugging me that I can't remember it.
Thanks."

"No, you didn't build anything either, it was more like a shooter where you had levels, but you controlled different people and it was top down."

"Lots of buildings, But a very linear in fashion. better than not graphics. I remember you were on a boat or dock in one of the first missions, most of the combat was you being ambushed and you have to defend in some way.
Sorry, I played it when I was a kid and I may remember it differently."

"it was a game I bought with the box and it had a flap on the top, (not really that important, just thought it was cool"
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Tango One is Down!

Jagged Alliance
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/jagged-alliance-series
Breach and Clear?

N/M you can't buy tanks in it.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by Emachine9643