It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: snip
Audio and Video improvement vastly depends on your local distributors. The German distribution is infamous for BDs that are often no improvement over the DVDs at all, that's why they often are not even more expensive.
Audio quality is sometimes a bit better, bass is often way too loud, so I have to set my boombox from Teufel to the absolute minimum. BDs are great for fat cinema like bass but are too often optimized for mediocre speakers with no real boombox.

Picture quality ranges from "just like my DVD" to "better than cinema" (depending on your local cinemas of course), but usually it's MUCH better if you got a big screen or a beamer like me, even if he only supports up to 720p. If you got any 1080p screen with at least 27'' the difference is big, even bigger and the difference gets huge, at least imho.
An absurd fact is, that I often encounter the best picture quality in old movies.
For screens under 27'', BDs don't make much sense if you're local DVD publisher isn't downsizing the quality to get people to buy BDs, but sadly this happens all the time. The picture quality of DVDs has gotten worse since the dawn of BDs and that's no coincidence.

Some BDs in my collection that may pass your criteria:
Once Upon A Time In The West (best image quality in my collection)
The Thin Red Line
The Place Promised In Our Early Days
Interstellar
Inception
Gran Torino
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Intouchables
Brazil
Pan's Labyrinth
Cloud Atlas
Hot Fuzz
The Bucket List
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
(Sorry, part of a series by now, does it still count?)

I could go on a while since I usually have the DVDs from other people for comparison and rather stick to my BDs.
The biggest downside of BDs is, that I cannot simply transcode them to a mobile file for my other devices thanks to DRM and as soon as it's possible to buy more HD files without DRM, I'll switch to digital only. Seeing how DRM-happy publishers and producers are, I don't see this alternative coming anytime soon. :/
Here on GoG, I can highly recommend <span class="bold">Ink</span> and <span class="bold">The Frame</span> when it comes to image quality and content. I love those two indie movies, they are both from the same director but quite different from another. Some like the first one, others the second one, I love them both.
Post edited December 29, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Careful..

Klumpen gonna derail the thread.
njordy?!

njordy?!

in another day I say someone else do a movie if njordy doesn't show up
Njordy: ...
*knock knock*
Post edited January 06, 2016 by drealmer7
Well that's 2 days so here's the next movie.
Attachments:
manga1.jpg (80 Kb)
manga2.jpg (73 Kb)
I don't watch enough anime, but I'll take a few wild guesses, Spriggan? Captain Harlock? Astroboy?
Nope.
Battle Angel Alita?
Correct. Your turn.
This movie takes place in a distant future, and is the story of a the young cyborg Gally, who is found on a scrapheap by the Cyberdoctor Daisuke Ido, who rebuilds her and becomes her surrogate father. Gally has no memory of her past, but soon displays remarkable fighting skills. She starts working as a bounty hunter and meets a young boy Yugo, who has the impossible dream of going to Zalem. A giant satellite floating above the city. Not realising that Yugo's dream can only end in misery Gally sets out to help him.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107061/

The trailer doesn't do that great a job of explaining about the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImWfSmESs0

It was meant to be remade by James Cameron.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/
OK. Next movie.

This one is a little more recent.
Attachments:
in_bed.png (146 Kb)
closeup.png (115 Kb)
Looks like my screenshots were a little too obscure. So have some more.
Attachments:
flashing.png (146 Kb)
That guy looks like Danny McBride, but... your screenshots are way too small, I can't see shit. Are you browsing forum on smartphone?
Is it Fanboys, was having trouble placing that first actor though it looked familiar.
bad_fur_day1: Is it Fanboys, was having trouble placing that first actor though it looked familiar.
Yes, it's Fanboys.
New.

I used to take cities with fewer. Die you godless dogs.
Attachments:
Another picture, different movie, you can guess either one. Double feature.
Attachments:
giraffe.jpg (28 Kb)