It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HanselPete: No, not SteamworldDig 2, but you seem to be on the right track.
then SteamWorld Heist
HanselPete: No, not SteamworldDig 2, but you seem to be on the right track.
csanjuro: then SteamWorld Heist
Right. That was realy realy fast.
csanjuro: then SteamWorld Heist
HanselPete: Right. That was realy realy fast.
played both recently

anyway here is the next one
Attachments:
cars.jpg (188 Kb)
Never managed to beat that one because DN's such a cheat.
I beat that game once on Normal difficulty, the last boss, let's call him the DN (just because) was unfair! And I almost lost my sanity but after another try I finally managed to beat him barely. I don't even want to think how to beat him on Hard.

If no one guess the game, I'll provide the answer in 2 days.
GTA 1? Those cars are definitely from GTA 1 ...
It's actually little bit older than GTA and HELL was it a blast to play! Though as a kid I never stood a chance other than on easy (I was 11 at the time).
The game in question is Death Rally (look it up, it still is a fun little time waster). For now I cannot provide a new game to guess though.
Either kalirion or cadaver may take my spot (since you both know the game as well) or you'll have to wait until tomorrow and I get to dig something up myself.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by Duke Garland
well all of you (except Tea) are right

the next turn is whoever wants to do it
Duke Garland: It's actually little bit older than GTA and HELL was it a blast to play! Though as a kid I never stood a chance other than on easy (I was 11 at the time).
The game in question is Death Rally (look it up, it still is a fun little time waster). For now I cannot provide a new game to guess though.
Either kalirion or cadaver may take my spot (since you both know the game as well) or you'll have to wait until tomorrow and I get to dig something up myself.
It's your turn, since if either cadaver or I wanted to take it we would've guessed the game by name.

Game has a great OST btw.
Post edited September 29, 2023 by kalirion
Probably too easy already with the cropped screen but here ya go!
**edit: and apologies for making you wait ;)
Attachments:
Post edited September 30, 2023 by Duke Garland
Nobody yet? Here's another snip of the UI.
Hint: it's a turn-based 4X and not very recent, but the latter you've probably already figured from the design, heh.
Attachments:
I have no idea, the closest thing I can get is VGA Planets (the later revisions) or its clone. It's a very ancient game that spawned some spiritual successors.
I semi-cheated, and I can say that despite not being AAA title, this game was not obscure. I recall hearing about it in the past anyway, and I haven't played a 4x Space Game since the original MoO.
This is the first time I hear of VGA Planets but after reading into that and looking at some pictures, I'd say it's definitely a spiritual successor. Not much else to say other than it was also designed as a PBEM (play-by-e-mail) game. Full UI screen this time around, but I've edite the game's name out of course.
Attachments:
I played this game quite a lot years ago, but only the shareware version. Great game (but i won't solve it since I don't have anything to post)