It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalirion: If everything given so far isn't enough for you guys to find the game, you're just being lazy :)
Lone Fungus?
kalirion: If everything given so far isn't enough for you guys to find the game, you're just being lazy :)
csanjuro: Lone Fungus?
Oh, c'mon, really? This game isn't even available on GOG...
I was about to complain that there must be some problem with the game's in-store genre tags, because I couldn't find anything remotely similar, looking for either "metroidvania", "platformer" or even simply "2D".
I'm not sure what the actual "rules" are around here...? But personally, I'm not willing to do expeditions into Steam's underground to identify obscure niche games. Oh, well.
Still well done, Kalirion. :-)
Post edited July 23, 2023 by g2222
g2222: I'm not sure what the actual "rules" are around here...?
Technically any video game which was released commercially or not. I think there were some mobile phone games here. GOG doesn't have that much games, sometimes people like to guess some very old game from their childhood years, including those from ZX Spectrum or Commodore 64 - limiting list to only GOG offered game would be cruel in my opinion.
You got it! Your turn!

g2222: Oh, c'mon, really? This game isn't even available on GOG...
I was about to complain that there must be some problem with the game's in-store genre tags, because I couldn't find anything remotely similar, looking for either "metroidvania", "platformer" or even simply "2D".
I'm not sure what the actual "rules" are around here...? But personally, I'm not willing to do expeditions into Steam's underground to identify obscure niche games. Oh, well.
Still well done, Kalirion. :-)
As Cadaver747 says, this forum game is certainly NOT limited to games on GOG. And with all my hints, all anyone would've needed to do is google "mushroom metroidvania" and the entire first few pages of results would've been nothing but Lone Fungus...

Cadaver747: Depends. I'm against Google searching for something I don't know, unless i'm certain I've seen the game before.
I think most of players here have some kind of *moral code*. But I think that eventually someone else will know the answer.
My moral code is - googling/binging/etc is just fine as long as you don't give the search engine the actual image to search by. It makes no sense to me that only people who already know the game should be able to "guess" it. Research is part of this forum game, as far as I'm concerned.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by kalirion
kalirion: My moral code is - googling/binging/etc is just fine as long as you don't give the search engine the actual image to search by. It makes no sense to me that only people who already know the game should be able to "guess" it. Research is part of this forum game, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not against the research per se, I'm against using any search engine for a completely unkown game. For instance if you'd hint something like "this game was released on that platform, it's that genre, released on that particular year" etc I would go to Mobygames or Wikipedia.
I understand that it might not make much sense to you, but everyone is different. In your case with Lone Fungus game there was no way for me to do the research other than by Googling it (or using any other search engine but I don't use anything else). That kind of *research* seems unfair for me. Research on itself is good.
kalirion: My moral code is - googling/binging/etc is just fine as long as you don't give the search engine the actual image to search by. It makes no sense to me that only people who already know the game should be able to "guess" it. Research is part of this forum game, as far as I'm concerned.
Cadaver747: I'm not against the research per se, I'm against using any search engine for a completely unkown game. For instance if you'd hint something like "this game was released on that platform, it's that genre, released on that particular year" etc I would go to Mobygames or Wikipedia.
Huh, I did hint the the game was a metroidvania released in April of this year, but Mobygames shows March 2022. Looking into it further, Lone Fungus was an Early Access title, so the date seen on Steam is when it came out of EA, while Mobygames must have when it showed up in EA.
here goes
Attachments:
I wish that game would show up on Steam/GOG/etc already...
kalirion: I wish that game would show up on Steam/GOG/etc already...
lol yeah that's an easy one
Cybermage

even tho I've never played it
kalirion: Huh, I did hint the the game was a metroidvania released in April of this year, but Mobygames shows March 2022. Looking into it further, Lone Fungus was an Early Access title, so the date seen on Steam is when it came out of EA, while Mobygames must have when it showed up in EA.
You did hint at that, yes. Yet researching for a recently released game on Mobygames is not my thing probably. You have described some inconsistencies between MobyGames and Steam quite well. It seems to me you're eager catch me on being not entirely honest with you ;)

Haven't I posted before that:
Cadaver747: ...I think, I'll take a break ;)
kalirion: Huh, I did hint the the game was a metroidvania released in April of this year, but Mobygames shows March 2022. Looking into it further, Lone Fungus was an Early Access title, so the date seen on Steam is when it came out of EA, while Mobygames must have when it showed up in EA.
Cadaver747: You did hint at that, yes. Yet researching for a recently released game on Mobygames is not my thing probably. You have described some inconsistencies between MobyGames and Steam quite well. It seems to me you're eager catch me on being not entirely honest with you ;)
No, I just meant that if you'd looked on Mobygames given the information I provided, the inconsistency in the release date are the likely reason you wouldn't have found it.
osm: lol yeah that's an easy one
Cybermage

correct
also I haven't played that game but I knew it from the Home of the underdogs many, many years ago
Cybermage

Gentle nudge - it's your turn :)
Cybermage

Gentle Nudge #2 :)
It's been over a week, I hope osm is OK.

Does anyone want to post the next one to continue the game?