It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE:
Themken: <quick hug>
I don't need a hug XD
I have 1000 games on GOG. I can live without GTA 5.
Post edited March 02, 2019 by tinyE
Finished Sam and Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die! and am now installing Aarklash Legacy for something completely different. Which items go together with others and how you're supposed to solve stuff is great when you realize and the dialogues are great, but it sometimes feels a bit too much like following an instruction manual with lost pages. I'm more an immersive sim/FPS/RPG guy, so playing an adventure game is quite different, because there you can't run, can't shoot at enemies (although Sam has a gun you don't kill others) and lets not forget that you can't stack boxes on top of other boxes to get over walls (my favorite in games). No annoying combat or other tedious gameplay I've encountered in many a console port, though.

Edit: installed and started playing Aarklash - Legacy yesterday. From the Let's Play I watched before installing it, it looked very good and now I've finally found a game that I can play for hours without getting bored or annoyed. It's not quite as good as Blackguards, but Blackguards is my golden standard when it comes to characters, spells and music in turnbased games. Well, Aarklash is realtime with pause and Blackguards is turnbased, though they feel pretty similar. There's not much to do besides fighting and picking up the occasional loot, but the fighting is fun.
Post edited March 03, 2019 by hurvl
Dimension X, an Atari 800 game that's like a mixture of Star Raiders and Battlezone. It's Star Raiders in a tank, basically. You have to defend your capital city from invaders, so you move about a map cut into 25 sectors, wipe out enemies in one sector and then explore another to see if you can find more guys to kill, until you've killed them all and the game gets harder. When you move from one sector to another, the game shifts to a tunnel view in which you have to avoid light barriers high or low, sort of like Star Wars: The Arcade Game, to get where you're going.

It's okay but the game is actually so fast and hectic that you never quite feel in control during combat (the enemies and their missiles are constantly zig-zagging, which drove me nuts), and the tunnel section goes on so long that at a certain point you feel like you're doing more of that than actually killing bad guys.
Pool of Radiance
Few years back I played all Deus Ex mods available, one of them (and the biggest one) was The Nameless Mod by people who made Expedition Conq/Viking games.

Finished that one as a good guy with my fellow moderators, but then reinstalled (*insert "every time someone mention..." joke here*) it recently and going to play as a bad guy with this yellow guy from World Corporation.

Finished prologue in Downtown (gather 1k credits) way faster, found most secrets.
Still don't get that deal with EGGS, don't remember them from 1st playthrough.

Found that you can't use quicksave bug to get past laser (my PC is too good it seems :] ) then reminded myself that you can use pepper spay to block lasers temporarily.
Found that trick like year or two ago? After multiple playthrough, better later than never I guess? Wonder if that work on PS2 version...

Playing some Vietcong, game is hard. Or not, and I just got spoiled by modern handholding games...
Post edited March 04, 2019 by SpecShadow
Dawn of Man.

Oddly enough, learning how to craft beer has had ZERO effect on the productivity of my cavemen citizenry. Apparently the devs are church going teetotalers.
Original Tomb Raider- Still my favorite in the series, makes me want to play Twisted Metal II and Return Fire as well, these were my first three Playstation games.

Kings Field the Ancient City- I have to say this is the best of the Kings Field series... the original Kings Field US was pretty amazing too but this one is so refined its hard to convince myself its not the most realized of the three released here. Really like the lore for this one too, finding Serraks statue was a memorable moment.
Still playing the first mount and blade occasionally. Now what i don't understand was why for a short time the rhodoks decided to get peacefull no longer at war and suddenly back to at war in a very short time with the nords which i joined at the start of the game. That peace treaty released all of their captured lords and i had a lot of them, there is only 4 more castles left with rhodoks before they are finished and it isn't that easy to beat em with those crossbowmen or sharpshooters.
Swadia is very long at peace with the nords which i really don't get i am closing to day 1000 ingame. Guess when the rhodoks fall the khergit will get my army next at their castles and towns.
The faction vaegirs don't exist for quite some time now since they were the first to fall.
not playing yet, but thinking about Objects in Space. looks pretty interesting.
I started playing Fallout: New Vegas today. Did Good springs, killed the Powder gangers in Primm, went to Mojave Outpost and got the NCR to take over Primm.
It's fun, but so far I can't say I'm overly impressed. Graphics are nothing special, movement feels weird, and combat is pretty atrocious. I know there are mods to fix some of that, but I always play games in their vanilla state at least on a first playthrough.
But more generally, I'm probably just not a real fan of the Fallout universe. I played Fallout 1+2, and while I did have some fun, the universe never really worked well for me. Will probably be the same with New Vegas.
Themken: Do you still have that 40Giga-something / month limit (bits? bytes?)?
tinyE: yeah, it sucks but I'll live
I've been over this for the last half hour in Discord.
can't take a laptop to library and download there? and then copy the files to your gaming pc (if its not the laptop)

or some office and connect to their wifi?
tinyE: yeah, it sucks but I'll live
I've been over this for the last half hour in Discord.
lukaszthegreat: can't take a laptop to library and download there? and then copy the files to your gaming pc (if its not the laptop)

or some office and connect to their wifi?
Nearest library is 50 miles away. Yeah I could do that but that's 100 mile round trip.
Also, I'd need to buy a laptop. :P

I'm not trying to make excuses, I know it sounds that way. This is a pain but I wouldn't trade it for the alternative of living someplace else.

One day, in the next ten years, we might have unlimited. I can wait.
While I just purchased Stardew Valley, I am really getting back into The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athens. Riddick is a masterpiece imho, with a stellar cast of AAA voice talent (Vin Diesel, Ron Perlman etc.)...it's like playing a movie! Excellent graphics that still stand out today, and absolutely superb gameplay and pacing! I haven't played Riddick in several years and it STILL holds up, even today!

I mean really, who DOESN'T want to play as a badass Vin Diesel character?! Easily a 9/10 with all things considered! Highly recommended!
Started Empires: Dawn of the Modern World recently. Currently fending off the French invasion. Richard the Lionheart will have none of that!!

And the quality of the textures in that game amazes me. Age of Empires 3, which came out 2 years later has unit textures and their faces looking like an amorphous blob that distantly resembles a human. In Dawn of the Modern World, I can zoom in literally 20cm away from a unit's face and it still looks decent.
Hover Bovver. These days we could use more games about goofy stuff like trying to mow your lawn while fending off an angry neighbor who wants to take back the mower you swiped from his garage only for you to sick your dog on him until you're done.