It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Comet in Moominland by Tove Jansson.
The Oven by Sophie Goldstein.
Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson.
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke.
Post edited August 01, 2019 by huppumies
Article: Die missbrauchte Katastrophe by Andriy Manchuk
Translation of Мой Чернобыль и версия НВО, an article about the HBO series "Chernobyl" which seems to portray the Soviet Union worse than it actually was.
Post edited August 02, 2019 by viperfdl
The Now Habit
by Neil A. Fiore
I've read the first two chapters of Stephen Kotkin: Stalin. Waiting for Hitler 1929-1941, the 2nd part of a Stalin trilogy.
Narrative is too detailed imo, you learn about every single vacation Stalin took...but still, there's a lot of interesting information here.
I'm reading this book "The Power Of Positive Thinking" by Dr Norman Vincent Peale. The focus is developing the proper mindset to win happy life.

Tips to train our brain to be positive: https://learning.covoji.com/growth/five-simple-ways-to-train-your-brain-to-be-positive/

In addition, the learning material at https://learning.covoji.com/category/english/ is suitable for kids who want to improve their vocabulary.
I'm reading the Discworld books revolving around Death right now.
I'll probably finish Thief of Time in a day or two. I was told I'm supposed to like Susan, but for the life of me, I just can't stand her.
Anyway, great books so far! :)
I am now reading this forum
Finishing Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. Especially good if you have been through a bad divorce or have been a "womanizer" as I once was. I am now repentant of that sin, but of course every woman I was with was an enthusiastic participant! To say "womanizer" gives the false impression these ladies were victims. They were not. Also, Avengers: Endgame sucked.
Port Of Earth #3
by Zack Kaplan
Just finished R.Zelazny 'Lord of Light' in English for the first time (I've read it twice before only in Russian).

Now I plan to finally overcome all the 5 parts of Tanith Lee 'Flat Earth' cycle, in English, of course. I read the first two novels some time ago but eventually got bored with it.
The Blind Watchmaker
by Richard Dawkins
A Glastonbury Romance by John Cowper Powys.

Exceptional.
Taybius_oMort: Just finished R.Zelazny 'Lord of Light'
Excellent book well worth the rewards it recieved. Just call me Sam!
The Monk by Matthew G. Lewis.

Gothic horror at its finest.
Taybius_oMort: Just finished R.Zelazny 'Lord of Light'
Themken: Excellent book well worth the rewards it recieved. Just call me Sam!
O yes. His writing style is unmatched. Though he may tend to lose consistency sometimes (as it is in Amber cycle) but he is simply brilliant in more concise pieces of narration.

So I decided to put the Flat Earth aside for some more time just to reread 'Creatures of Light and Darkness' for what umpteenth time I can't say right away ;)