It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
chandra: Due to the lost data caused by our CDN storage provider's outage, and out games distribution system currently use our secondary storage. After investigating some performance and stability issues, we've deployed additional fixes that should have mitigated the occasional errors with offline installers that were still occurring.

That being said, until our provider brings back all of our storage data, which is aimed for Thursday morning (CEST), there still may be singular cases where downloads/updates are unsuccessful, slow downloads speeds are also to be expected in the nearest future. Please contact our Customer Support should you encounter such problems. We will keep you updated the moment I have new information on the matter.
Thank you for keeping us informed. I really appreciate your transparency about the situation.❤️

(I have informed the French community with your message. )
Post edited July 24, 2023 by angelblue
high rated
chandra: Due to the lost data caused by our CDN storage provider's outage, and out games distribution system currently use our secondary storage. After investigating some performance and stability issues, we've deployed additional fixes that should have mitigated the occasional errors with offline installers that were still occurring.

That being said, until our provider brings back all of our storage data, which is aimed for Thursday morning (CEST), there still may be singular cases where downloads/updates are unsuccessful, slow downloads speeds are also to be expected in the nearest future. Please contact our Customer Support should you encounter such problems. We will keep you updated the moment I have new information on the matter.
marcinl0: Honestly - hands down.

IT HAD TO BE FORESEEN AND SECURED IN ADVANCE

GOG please SIMPLY add patch to offline JA3 downloads ! Impossible...
Thanks for bringing this to our attention – our Team is investigating issues regarding JA3.
I've opened a support ticket for the new Linux build of Neverwinter Nights yesterday. No answer from support yet, but the missing files seem to be added, just downloading... :)

So thanks for the update and making progress, GOG!

Now just bring back the discounts from the weekend. ;)
Post edited July 24, 2023 by eiii

Appreciate the update. Thanks for letting us know and please keep up informed of any future developments.
high rated
A quick update for people following my reports:

I have just started a run to test the current situation. Expect a report in 4-5 hours.

However, it does look much better. Having run through about 100 games, so far there are no 404 errors for any file.

On the other hand, unlike yesterday and before, MD5 data now seems to be missing for every single game and file.

EDIT: You can ignore the MD5 comment. It was an issue triggered specifically on my setup, probably due to some legitimate GOG change.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by mrkgnao
high rated
chandra:
Thank you for the appreciated update.

Could you please implement a system that lets one easily backup (and keep updated) the entire library owned? And please don't make it dependent on the Galaxy client.

It seems bringing back the classic Downloader would be a solution that lots of people want, here is a relevant wishlist entry. Thank you.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by chevkoch
All games that were 404ing before now seem to be downloading (their offline installers) just fine. I've verified that the ones I care about also install properly and boot up normally.

Thank you!
mrkgnao: A quick update for people following my reports:

On the other hand, unlike yesterday and before, MD5 data now seems to be missing for every single game.
What does that mean? Where do you get the MD5 data from?
mrkgnao: A quick update for people following my reports:

On the other hand, unlike yesterday and before, MD5 data now seems to be missing for every single game.
Xeshra: What does that mean? Where do you get the MD5 data from?
GOG has MD5 data associated with each of their files (installers and patches, not goodies), which can be obtained from their servers through their API. Well, could until today. For now, it's gone.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by mrkgnao

Thanks for the update... but your provider isnt expected to be up tilll Thursday? Gotta beg the question here... what happened? I'm genuinely curious.
mrkgnao: GOG has MD5 data associated with each of their files (installers and patches, not goodies), which can be obtained from their servers through their API. Well, could until today. For now, it's gone.
Which tool are you using for downloads?
lgogdownloader seems to be fetching MD5 data just fine for the few games I've tested.

No way to automatically parse and check every single file if it's accessible and can be downloaded, on your end?
Xeshra: Not entirely how i sense this language because "could not care less" would mean, they do absolutely (the term absolute) not care less... which i feel is not true. However, they do not care quite as much compared to the launcher... not even nearly i assume.
Breja: Usually the expression is used to express absolute lack of caring, hence "couldn't care less", but it's a common mistake, seemingly even among native speakers these days, to say "could care less" instead, which doesn't really make sense. It's also one that particularly annoys me for some reason.

Anyway, sorry for butting in to nitpick, carry on.
Maybe you got a lack of understanding me: I did not want to express a "absolute lack of caring", this is exactly why i didnt use the phrase "could not care less". So i said "could care less"... as in "the other matter is of higher importance".

Could, as in able, to "care less"... for me it makes sense but i am not strongly connected with english language, so it may sound weird. Perhaps it may sound more refined if i use the term "it is rather low on the totem pole, yet still relevant".
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Xeshra
mrkgnao: GOG has MD5 data associated with each of their files (installers and patches, not goodies), which can be obtained from their servers through their API. Well, could until today. For now, it's gone.
racofer: Which tool are you using for downloads?
lgogdownloader seems to be fetching MD5 data just fine for the few games I've tested.
That's interesting. I'm using gogrepoc.
I still dont get it because those MD5, from the EXE, should still be there else the file would be broken (not complete anymore). Are you fetching it from the server?

I just download it manually, put the content into a folder and will be attaching my own MD5 info. Of course, before its done i may use the GoG MD5 check and verify nothing is broken... If i am sure the folder is not corrupt i will ZIP it and attach the MD5 of the entire content. But of course, you could use both, the executable MD5 and the MD5 of the zipped folder.

Advantage is: Once you know a certain folder is "correct" you do not need to check so many files anymore, instead the entire package which has been set to around 150 GB max size, of each package. Although my game-files are handled by genre and max size inside a certain genre and you can manually check it without settting up any tool (which may need compatibility), so it works for absolutely any file and package. Some games, a few from Steam even, do not have any MD5 and it have to be done manually, this will also count for all the mods.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Xeshra