It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take on The Leviathan Expedition in the incredibly engaging space exploration game. No Man’s Sky is now available on GOG 50% off until the 30th of May 2022, 10 PM UTC.
I'd like to be able to do the expeditions completely offline. It's nice to not have to share the galaxies so I don't end up finding a planet that was discovered by someone named 420BlazeIt or something else really stupid.
Post edited May 28, 2022 by DoomSooth
Ulf2016: I've always assumed that a release will take place on GOG, even though the offline installer will be provided in the first place. But since GOG prefers more Galaxy, I see the whole thing as a DRM. What problems does GOG have that the offline installers are delayed in unlocking?

Translated with Google.
Devs upload the files directly using the Galaxy API - offline installers are created with the files afterwards. That's why in most cases offline installers will take a bit longer.
So anyone is playing the game with this mod ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/2269?tab=files
Is weather finally synced for players in multiplayer? This is one of two reasons why we quit playing. It was really annoying when one player had clear weather and could work outside while the other player is in a storm and has to hide in a building.
high rated
NuffCatnip: Thanks for the reply!
I think I'll watch a few more gameplay videos. So far the gameplay mechanics haven't hooked me, but who knows, maybe the next video will change my mind. :)

Good to know that they fixed that, I'll roam through the game forum to see if there are more features that are locked behind multiplayer. :)
There's a difference between offline and online play. If you play single player, but play online you can earn Quicksilver which is used to buy "premium" (cosmetic) items ... AND the void egg. While the offline game will supply you with a small supply of Quicksilver (and more if you're lucky enough to come across "Stellar Ice"), and with that you can buy the void egg and play that quest, all the rest of those items will remain locked behind a server because the missions which reward QS are server-provided to the game rather than random generated. Furthermore some NPCs in the Anomaly space station are also server-locked and you can't get free derelict beacons or other rewards for exploration.

Ergo, yes, some SP-playable content is still locked behind a server requirement and in my book it's basically DRM. Those who claim it's fully (and fairly) single-player and offline playable are either lying or don't consider these little parts of the game worth worrying about.
Post edited May 29, 2022 by Braggadar
NuffCatnip: Thanks for the reply!
I think I'll watch a few more gameplay videos. So far the gameplay mechanics haven't hooked me, but who knows, maybe the next video will change my mind. :)

Good to know that they fixed that, I'll roam through the game forum to see if there are more features that are locked behind multiplayer. :)
Braggadar: There's a difference between offline and online play. If you play single player, but play online you can earn Quicksilver which is used to buy "premium" (cosmetic) items ... AND the void egg. While the offline game will supply you with a small supply of Quicksilver (and more if you're lucky enough to come across "Stellar Ice"), and with that you can buy the void egg and play that quest, all the rest of those items will remain locked behind a server because the missions which reward QS are server-provided to the game rather than random generated. Furthermore some NPCs in the Anomaly space station are also server-locked and you can't get free derelict beacons or other rewards for exploration.

Ergo, yes, some SP-playable content is still locked behind a server requirement and in my book it's basically DRM. Those who claim it's fully single-player and offline playable are either lying or don't consider these little parts of the game worth worrying about.
Thank you and the others for your replies!

For now I'll keep the game on my wishlist. While I think the game is interesting, the locked mechanics bother me too much, even if some find them miniscule. Oh well, there's always the chance of them patching out the required connection. :)
HEY GOG - THE MANUAL PATCHES AND INSTALLERS FOR THE LEVIATHAN EXPEDITION ARE STILL MISSING.
Martek: HEY GOG - THE MANUAL PATCHES AND INSTALLERS FOR THE LEVIATHAN EXPEDITION ARE STILL MISSING.
YEAH WHAT HE SAID
Hey, GOG, some of us would love to play the current Expedition mentioned in this news post (before it ends), but we're still waiting for the manual patches.
I am happy to report that the manual installers are (finally) available - both May 25'ths 3.90 and today's May 31 3.91.

Thank you GOG.

(Only took a week)
i really do not like this expedition
the game is hard enough on it self (with hard i mean time consuming)

lowering carry volume is stupid.