It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Country Lead - France (Marketing & Partnerships)

If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV ( in English) below!

[...] The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.

Customer Support Representative with German

If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.

[...] The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.

Software Engineer (Frontend)

So what do these jobs have in common?

A) These are jobs that don't require a physical presence.

B) Considering the minimum wage in Poland is 17zł gross, so 4.30~$; these are lucrative jobs which would be outbid just about anywhere.

C) None of these jobs have security, meaning you could end up stranded in Poland. And in two cases, where you're attempting to communicate via tertiary language.

So perhaps I'm a bit out of the loop on hiring practices in 2020, but this doesn't exactly seem like a way to entice people.

Oh sure, there's all those artificial enticements, but who is going to have time to stop by a gym when you've got another 45h/w to put in? A lot of people like to separate work and downtime. And more to the point, what if you're not all that big on dogs?

TL;DR: Why is "remote" a dirty word for hires?
I think it's because of government incentives to hire local employees.

OP: in the US, it might be 'normal' for people to travel/move 1000s of miles/kilometres for a job - but here in Europe, not that many people do that.
I wouldn't... I work to live, not the other way around.
Post edited October 30, 2020 by teceem
Yop. I am waiting for one in London :D They need 4-5 more headquarters around the ball : )

I guess that wages are in line with skills, not necessary minimum, unless you are an inexperienced cleaner.
Wanted to check this position https://www.gog.com/work/pr-marketing-senior-copywriter
but it does not say numbers, maybe that is good.

There was a live-in gardener position in Buckingham Palace lately in 2019 and a wage was...
https://www.countryliving.com/uk/news/a27159909/buckingham-palace-job-gardener-queen/
not sure if that would be enough for everyone, still I would take it if I could, depend on soil quality, yet this is up to gardener to even replace a soil if necessary.

...and I guess, only guess, that Country Lead - France wages, and most of the offers are higher than of Gardener position, and again not everyone would like to work with plants or computers. I think the "I love my job factor" is primo over all.

Personally I am totally supporting Universal Basic Income idea, that way people will work for work not for money, and the outcome would be much greater than from people forced to work for food and bills, and a cup of hot chocolate. (yh me too)

Relocation is a Big issue for a big number of talented people... and additional headquarters are the best solution.
Just an opinion : )

btw. CDPR is hiring too. https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/ , so is CDP https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/careers/
possibly some of these jobs are connected.
Post edited October 30, 2020 by user deleted
low rated
Seb7: Yop. I am waiting for one in London :D They need 4-5 more headquarters around the ball : )

I guess that wages are in line with skills, not necessary minimum, unless you are an inexperienced cleaner.
Wanted to check this position https://www.gog.com/work/pr-marketing-senior-copywriter
but it does not say numbers, maybe that is good.

There was a live-in gardener position in Buckingham Palace lately in 2019 and a wage was...
https://www.countryliving.com/uk/news/a27159909/buckingham-palace-job-gardener-queen/
not sure if that would be enough for everyone, still I would take it if I could, depend on soil quality, yet this is up to gardener to even replace a soil if necessary.

...and I guess, only guess, that Country Lead - France wages, and most of the offers are higher than of Gardener position, and again not everyone would like to work with plants or computers. I think the "I love my job factor" is primo over all.

Personally I am totally supporting Universal Basic Income idea, that way people will work for work not for money, and the outcome would be much greater than from people forced to work for food and bills, and a cup of hot chocolate. (yh me too)

Relocation is a Big issue for a big number of talented people... and additional headquarters are the best solution.
Just an opinion : )

btw. CDPR is hiring too. https://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/ , so is CDP https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/careers/
possibly some of these jobs are connected.
interesting topic you raise there, a couple of years ago i was all in favor of universal basic income, these days i'm not so sure, i guess in a decent society i would be all in favor for but with the huge differences in income, background, education and capabilities i would not recommend the universal income
Darvond: TL;DR: Why is "remote" a dirty word for hires?
It's just that they don't want their employees to be DRM-Free... ;)
You make is sound like US (technology) companies constantly hire people who'd work 7000 km from the office at their home on another continent?

I guess it is possible, but such hired person would rather been seen as some kind of freelancer or subcontractor, rather than a legit employee who has a boss in the company etc.

Next two weeks I'll be working remotely at home (56km to the office), but that's due to corona precautions. Our main boss seems to be afraid we become too comfortable working from home.
low rated
Radiance1979: (...) interesting topic you raise there, a couple of years ago i was all in favor of universal basic income, these days i'm not so sure, i guess in a decent society i would be all in favor for but with the huge differences in income, background, education and capabilities i would not recommend the universal income
Those differences would be erased by meanings of https://basicincome.org/news/2020/09/the-cost-of-a-full-basic-income-for-the-united-kingdom-would-be-67-billion-per-year-3-4-of-gdp/ it looks very promising in UK not sure how it is in Netherlands, hoping for the best.
Once you on it, you could, of course, do nothing (well, still sleeping, eating, renting, pushing and pulling economy that way as some people actually do), yet you can still do courses and get new skills without being stopped because you weren't so lucky as your friend with rich parents. This is to eliminate differences in society. Your own will would drive you to develop best skills... and if you like expensive cars, faraway holidays, thick gold necklace or private jet plane then yh, paid job, a really well paid job would get you there, but how can you get all those necessary skills and papers to get that job, or even to fly for it without a help of universal basic income or someone else`s help ? Unless you are in a better position at the start than your colleague from a school bench. (unfair) How can you leave parents house without help, and what if your family is poor? (unfair) and why to enslave people for food money (unfair) where you can give these people happiness, fulfilment by developing skills for free, and gratitude of their families (country loving citizens) Debates are on, and its hot. Hopefully next year in UK, hopefully other countries taking it seriously, as these are real lives of real people. (childish thinking? I do not think so)
This is the European Dream Universal Basic Income for Everyone (or equivalent in food and roof) I can go on...
This would help with transport to GOG`s place ^ and secure in-work test periods.

When I ruled Egypt, taxes where 10% and I paid myself big salary, and everywhere were artists and doctors and artisans. This was due to well managed export-import issues, I had my own gold mines (stones, papyrus, wine, et cetera) There were no expenses for war as I chose economy path, plants and fish for food (no big animals, too much space and costs and not very healthy), few hunters for equivalent, and people really liked to play games, it was Senet they played... I am sure you played Pharaoh too, lol well, yes, this is up to the Ruler, of course, no one else.

[please ignore if you are not the Ruler]
[i]Dear Ruler,
Please : )
I know you are a good Smurf deep inside ^ You just need to be firm to handle all this ruling stuff.
It will incomparably improve your image, and at the end people will judge you right, and you will look good again (well, better anyway) in eyes of Big Cosmic Ruler, that is responding to One Entity... that is responding to Force(Love) ...which is responding... yop, you got this,... by its children. Please do not be afraid of love, you will just get stronger and better in everything.
Kindest Regards
Seb7[/i]
[please ignore if you are not the Ruler]
Post edited October 30, 2020 by user deleted
Darvond: Sure, let's drop everything and move 7000 km! (A discussion on GOG Job Prospects.)
There's a simple solution for your "problem".

If you don't like the job requirements - don't apply for the job.

See? "Problem" solved. ;)
teceem: I think it's because of government incentives to hire local employees.

OP: in the US, it might be 'normal' for people to travel/move 1000s of miles/kilometres for a job - but here in Europe, not that many people do that.
I was saying that as a point of sarcasm; the title was sardonic.
timppu: You make is sound like US (technology) companies constantly hire people who'd work 7000 km from the office at their home on another continent?

I guess it is possible, but such hired person would rather been seen as some kind of freelancer or subcontractor, rather than a legit employee who has a boss in the company etc.

Next two weeks I'll be working remotely at home (56km to the office), but that's due to corona precautions. Our main boss seems to be afraid we become too comfortable working from home.
50 KM, 5000 KM; at the end of the day, it's an issue of the language used in the posting. "In House" implies that the workers, even in the current circumstances would have to attend mandatory, no chance of work from home, even if it's 1m from the main building.
teceem: I think it's because of government incentives to hire local employees.

It's not exactly normal here either; you have to get a cracking good offer to even consider it, and it's often left to yuppies or empty nesters.
Post edited October 30, 2020 by Darvond
Darvond: It's not exactly normal here either; you have to get a cracking good offer to even consider it, and it's often left to yuppies or empty nesters.
I wrote 'normal', meaning that probably more (relatively speaking, or maybe even absolutely) people in the US do such a thing than in any other country in the world. It's actually not a judgement - there are less barriers (language/culture/administration/etc.) for such an undertaking than in most other places in the world. That also means that your message is not that easy to recognise as a form of humor.
A) These are jobs that don't require a physical presence.

B) Considering the minimum wage in Poland is 17zł gross, so 4.30~$; these are lucrative jobs which would be outbid just about anywhere.

C) None of these jobs have security, meaning you could end up stranded in Poland. And in two cases, where you're attempting to communicate via tertiary language.

A - No, but it helps a lot, even more so in a role where personal comms between languages is an element.

B) You don't be paid minimum wage, what job on this planet, in that role, would pay the countries minimum wage? None, you even gave a reason to why that's the case!

C - That's the games industry for you, security is low, probably the lowest it's ever been in the last ten years + but that's the risk you take. It can either work very well and act as a springboard to future things, or leave you battered and bruised. But job security isn't a given anywhere unless it's family run or you have mates/dirt in high places!
Linko64: A) These are jobs that don't require a physical presence.

A - No, but it helps a lot, even more so in a role where personal comms between languages is an element.

B) You don't be paid minimum wage, what job on this planet, in that role, would pay the countries minimum wage? None, you even gave a reason to why that's the case!

C - That's the games industry for you, security is low, probably the lowest it's ever been in the last ten years + but that's the risk you take. It can either work very well and act as a springboard to future things, or leave you battered and bruised. But job security isn't a given anywhere unless it's family run or you have mates/dirt in high places!
A) Or they could just open local offices where relevant. Maybe not do what Chucklefish did and open an office in London of all places, but you know. Somewhere. Reasonable prices.

B) The minimum wage is an indicator of what the average wages would be. Or to put it in even more lay terms, the offers one would get for the same jobs in Germany would pay better than the ones in Poland.

C) Or you create your own job security. There are many a bureaucratic way to go about it.
Linko64: C - That's the games industry for you, security is low, probably the lowest it's ever been in the last ten years + but that's the risk you take. It can either work very well and act as a springboard to future things, or leave you battered and bruised. But job security isn't a given anywhere unless it's family run or you have mates/dirt in high places!
100% agreed and I'd say it's not just the games industry, this is the case for the media/entertainment sector in general. These companies basically have revolving doors for young talent to walk in - all shiny eyed and idealistic - get chewed up and spit out. Next, please! There's always someone who is trying to get a foot in the door and who is willing to do the same work for less.
Linko64: A) These are jobs that don't require a physical presence.

Darvond: A) Or they could just open local offices where relevant. Maybe not do what Chucklefish did and open an office in London of all places, but you know. Somewhere. Reasonable prices.

B) The minimum wage is an indicator of what the average wages would be. Or to put it in even more lay terms, the offers one would get for the same jobs in Germany would pay better than the ones in Poland.

C) Or you create your own job security. There are many a bureaucratic way to go about it.
Well, yeah. I'm not sure what your disdain is towards the situation is other than you'd have to move to a different location. Which seems like a bit of an odd complaint in all honesty.
Darvond: A) Or they could just open local offices where relevant. Maybe not do what Chucklefish did and open an office in London of all places, but you know. Somewhere. Reasonable prices.

Linko64: Well, yeah. I'm not sure what your disdain is towards the situation is other than you'd have to move to a different location. Which seems like a bit of an odd complaint in all honesty.
Relating back to point A and the thread title, and points I've made in this very thread. It shouldn't be an absolute to work "IN HOUSE" at a company whose products are first and foremost, on the digital frontier.