It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to let you all know about the next step we're taking to improve your experience with GOG and discover great games more seamlessly – introducing the quick preview feature showing more details about games at a glance.

Sitting currently at almost 7000 products, including DLCs and extras, it may sometimes feel overwhelming to browse through the catalog looking for "your next adventure". With the quick preview in the catalog, you'll receive the most crucial information on the game by just hovering the cursor over the game tile – take a peek at screenshots, check the rating, discover the game's features and assigned tags. If a game picks your interest you can add it directly to the cart or put it on your wishlist by clicking on the heart, without visiting its page.

We hope that this functionality will further improve the discoverability of the games, and help you find exactly what you want, in the shortest time possible.
Let us know how you like the quick preview in the comments.
Please add release year.

NuffCatnip: Can't immediately open a game page in a new tab by using middle click, have to wait a second until the preview has opened up.
Hm. I don't have to wait.
Post edited October 16, 2022 by 저기
Trooper1270: Lol, And people are calling for it to be site-wide ?. Aaahhhh!...
Well, my comment above was in its brevity lazy. I do not want to see every clickable thing or image burst into an overwhelming info shower. Besides the store pages, I would welcome this functionality in other places too (front page game mentionings would be a good fit for example) if it is helpful there and not a distraction.
Don't needed it but okay, it's not bothering me. Not yet at least...
By the way it doesn't work when hovering over games in the list view.
chevkoch: if it is helpful there and not a distraction.
It's always a distraction...
Trooper1270: Lol, And people are calling for it to be site-wide ?. Aaahhhh!...
chevkoch: Well, my comment above was in its brevity lazy. I do not want to see every clickable thing or image burst into an overwhelming info shower. Besides the store pages, I would welcome this functionality in other places too (front page game mentionings would be a good fit for example) if it is helpful there and not a distraction.
Have you seen what a resource hog that front page already is ?. People browsing said page (that are graced with more basic hardware) may struggle to navigate it even more so if this feature were to be duck-taped/glued/blu-tacked to that poorly optimised page, that's already struggling under the weight of all that it carries...

Edit: Added a little more specific detail...
Post edited October 17, 2022 by Trooper1270
Trooper1270: Have you seen what a resource hog that front page already is ?. People browsing said page (that are graced with more basic hardware) may struggle to navigate it even more so if this feature were to be duck-taped/glued/blu-tacked to that poorly optimised page, that's already struggling under the weight of all that it carries...
I'm on an old notebook and haven't noticed anything particularly slow about the front page, but there sure must be people who are using even more dated hardware. State of optimisation is a different argument though I'd say.

What I like about this feature is that I don't have to go to the game page when I'm browsing the site in order to quickly determine whether a game is for me when I'm intrigued by a promo/cover image or a piece of text (which could be an additional use case). It's convenient.

Cool if you do not want it. There's a certain appeal of a pure experience without features like that, I can see that. Me, I just like it.
Post edited October 19, 2022 by chevkoch
chevkoch: Cool if you do not want it. There's a certain appeal of a pure experience without features like that, I can see that. Me, I just like it.
And that's why options are always good and forcing changes on everyone isn't.