It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to let you all know about the next step we're taking to improve your experience with GOG and discover great games more seamlessly – introducing the quick preview feature showing more details about games at a glance.

Sitting currently at almost 7000 products, including DLCs and extras, it may sometimes feel overwhelming to browse through the catalog looking for "your next adventure". With the quick preview in the catalog, you'll receive the most crucial information on the game by just hovering the cursor over the game tile – take a peek at screenshots, check the rating, discover the game's features and assigned tags. If a game picks your interest you can add it directly to the cart or put it on your wishlist by clicking on the heart, without visiting its page.

We hope that this functionality will further improve the discoverability of the games, and help you find exactly what you want, in the shortest time possible.
Let us know how you like the quick preview in the comments.
GOG.com: you'll receive the most crucial information on the game by just hovering the cursor over the game tile – take a peek at screenshots, check the rating, discover the game's features and assigned tags.
While that's a nice feature, it's not something I was missing...

Thanks, I guess?
high rated
I like it.
high rated
For me it would be much more useful if worked everywhere, like on main page and promo lists because I basically never browse actual store.
Ideally even with store links on forum.
Good. The Store looks more exclusive ^ Let me try the soundtracks.
Looks good, though I'll continue to explore the whole game page (especially for languages list).
That's a neat feature: I like the feeling and every info I need is there, good work!
The only thing I would add is the number of reviews, like you do for a sale's page.

On Galaxy I can't see any screenshot of any game, time to update the really old built-in web browser?(So we can finally login with a psn account)
ssling: Ideally even with store links on forum.
+1 for viewing with store links on forum.
Attachments:
img.jpg (164 Kb)
Post edited October 06, 2022 by pippo-san
high rated
I would like to have an option where I could to set the popup open delay time, because it opens too quickly currently, causing the page blinking while scrolling. Alternatively, it could be opened on demand (eg. by clicking the little info icon (i) on the bottom left), and it would be the best :)
Attachments:
Post edited October 06, 2022 by erbello
This doesn't have an equivalent on mobile, right?

I'll check when I'm on my PC.
Urgh, this has really bad usability - like the entire grid view - when you just want to quickly scan over things.

It can also obscure the fixed positioned sorting functionality if you're not really careful with moving the mouse around the game cards, and then the timing of the flyover appearing can mean you click on the game in the flyover rather than on the sorting dropdown. >.<

Please spend some time adding the OS icons and genres to the list view instead? (Always visible, not in an annoying flyover!)
Post edited October 06, 2022 by gogtrial34987
high rated
GOG.com: If a game picks your interest...
Piques. :)
Really nice feature. Thank you for implementing it.

However, it would be really nice if this worked in all sections of the website, including homepage, library and wishlist.
Now is more easy wishlist a game or unwishlisted. I like it. Only work on search mode, not?

Good to see gog worked to improve the web. In Galaxy doesn´t work properly at least for me, pictures don´t appear.
Post edited October 06, 2022 by argamasa
I came here to say it's useless, but I've tried and I must say – it's a nice feature :)
Pitty it only works on new search/promos pages, which I totally dislike.
high rated
I don't think this is a bad idea, but the tags assigned by GOG continue to be... questionably helpful, to say the least. I already mentioned the "great soundtrack" elsewhere (it's an entirely subjective quality, I don't see how that;s helpful or relevant), but there are others: apparently Skyrim is a "choose your own adventure" game? I always understood that to apply to games like the story parts in King Arthur, where you have an adventure described through text and choices that lead to different paragraphs for the next choice and so on. Not just any RPG with choices? Shadow of Mordor is a "hack and slash"? I thought that term describes games like Diablo or Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. And some games show a ton of tags, while others barely any. Apparently Heroes of Might and Magic has resource management, but The Settlers doesn't. Not even a "real time" tag there.