It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm trying to use Retroarch on the RG351M to run SWOS 96/97 purchased from GOG.

My questions is: Does anyone know how I run this game on the device?

I open the .conf file selected English then it takes me back to the Retroarch menu which shows 'no items'. This is where on PC it just runs the game. So which .exe file within Retroarch should I be selecting to run the game?

Each file I select takes me to the DOSBOX Pure start screen then every .exe file run from there generates an error message. One of the below for each .exe selected.
i.e. 'illegal command' | 'Program cannot be run in DOS mode' | 'Fatal error (1004)' | 'CRrom error'

Those are just some of the error messages I receive.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Well looking around the RG351 is a handheld device, running on an ARM-64 processor, and you're trying to play Sensible World of Soccer.

Okay so far so good.

GoG comments it's a 32bit only game, so this is akin to DOOM configuration where the DOS4GW exe was used to basically temporarily go 32bit to access higher ram for the game, then dump back to REAL mode afterwards.

DOSBOX lists the game as runnable though that may be for the most recent version and not a previous version.

You may not be able to with DosBox. You may have to use a VM like Bochs, assuming you get all the configurations set up. How open the hardware/software is, i don't know.

Although i could be wrong, i don't know Retroarch's setup/menu system to make it run correctly and it may just be a couple conf changes.

edit: Glancing around i see a note you have to make a bat file to run games.. not run the exe directly. How curious..

In short place your games in /storage/roms/pc, and the bat within the pc folder needs to move into your game and launch the game.
Attachments:
Post edited September 20, 2021 by rtcvb32
If the game needs multiple DOS partitions to be mounted (e.g. d: for disc images and c: for the folder with the EXE), you may need to use bat script files even in the normal version of DOSBox.

Most MS-DOS games on GOG come with such scripts already, but they're usually named dosbox_[game-name]_single.conf (e.g. dosbox_quake_single.conf), and they need to be renamed as something short with the .bat extension (e.g. launcher.bat). After renaming the file, copy the whole folder that the GOG installer created to your phone and make DOSBox launch the .bat file. No need to change the file structure inside the game's folder.
Post edited September 20, 2021 by _Auster_