It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The much-anticipated remake of the cult first-person action game based on a graphic novel series by Jean Van Hamme and William Vance has finally arrived!
XIII – Remake is now available on GOG.COM. Shortly after the assassination of the US president, you wake up, wounded and with amnesia, on a deserted beach. With only two clues as to your identity - a tattoo of the number XIII and a locker key - you set off to discover the secrets of your past.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
cool, but what do the owners of the OG get?
I'm not quite sure I like this. I tend to not talk much about the graphics of a game, but a large part of the charm of the orginal is how much it looks like comic, each frame (if you paused the game) looks like it could be taken from a comic book. This is becoming almost too detailed, too realistic, it does not feel like a comic so much anymore, it looks like Borderlands, but then again without Borderlands charm.

I'm not saying it is a bad game, it may be, but I do not feel like it a XIII games as much as the original. And since I have the original (and really like it) I am going to wait a while and see for now, I do not feel it is 'must have' at the moment, as I have many other FPS games I have not finished. And in a way, losing the USP makes this one not that high up on the list. So yes, I am lukewarm...
XYCat: cool, but what do the owners of the OG get?
a chance to play the remake? ;P
Does this remake have controller support?
high rated
Tried it...don't buy it. It's an utter mess of bugs and some deflated gameplay. I have no idea how they managed to make such a stylish game into such a hollow experience. It's like the OldBoy remake.
Linko64: It's like the OldBoy remake.
I feel like this is the biggest kick in the nuts any kind of media can receive.

"oh you didn't like the game, did you?"
"it feels like the OldBoy remake"

dang.
high rated
How i miss actual new games instead of devs/pubs shitting out hundreds of half assed remasters/remakes all the time, if they wanted they could just patch in proper resolution support and be done with it.

I'm going the play the original instead, bye !
Post edited November 10, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: How i miss actual new games instead of devs/pubs shitting out hundreds of half assed remasters/remakes all the time, if they wanted they could just patch in proper resolution support and be done with it.

I loved this Strange Brigade game. Fresh IP from a (ahem) "triple A" developer. Didn't get much attention I'm afraid but they're bold to say the least.
ChrisGamer300: How i miss actual new games instead of devs/pubs shitting out hundreds of half assed remasters/remakes all the time, if they wanted they could just patch in proper resolution support and be done with it.

Yeah, all they do these days is slap higher res textures and a (much) higher price tag on remasters and call it a day.

Make new games you say? ...but that's actual work and that would be bad.
I think that's whats going on in their heads nowadays. :P
Post edited November 10, 2020 by NuffCatnip
high rated
XYCat: cool, but what do the owners of the OG get?
Judging by the reviews, the ability to play the better version of the game.
Looking at the reviews and the price difference, guess how long the original game still will be on sale separately... ;P
Picrel isn't good sign...
Attachments:
mhmmm.png (36 Kb)
high rated
So errr i played it all last night and ave some info -

*It's broken, like basic broken -

Animations don't work as in they don't work. I picked up an ash tray, went to throw it but instead you kinda flip around, make a throwing motion and then bring it back to you only for the tray to vanish. There are loads of cases like this.

Guns suck, like all of them. Not a single weapon feels good to use and the audio is buggy on all of them, sometimes they won't make sounds, sometimes they'll mess up reload animations. In the case of throwing knives...they just don't work at times, as in you can't throw them.

Visuals can be decent looking, but mostly it's a case of trying too hard to do too much resulting in it looking kinda souless.

Death animations are bugged beyond relief.

AI is broken, as in fully broken. You can reset them by hiding behind a pole or even a NPC.

Bosses are broken, some don't even shoot at you.

Dialogue won't trigger at times, nor will HUD features.

Cut scenes will be muted.

Sounds will clip over and over e.g. the last part of the game I was 'treated' to the constant sound of Uzi fire.

There's a lot more to highlight but I won't bore you lot with it.

Oh it also runs like crap, 45 fps at time on a RTX 3080.

Here's some clips

https://clips.twitch.tv/ComfortablePatientTomatoNerfRedBlaster
https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectMagnificentHeronKappa
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailMiniatureWatercressSaltBae

Don't buy this game, it's broken beyond belief
Will this one become more impopular than the infamous Commandos HD remaster?

At least, I'm glad it is so expensive because if it hadn't been, I would have blindly bought it (and deeply regretted that)