It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Better get ready – because Trinity Fusion is now out on GOG with a -30% launch discount until July 15th, 9 AM UTC!

Take control of your parallel selves and explore dark sci-fi worlds. Slash, bash and shoot your way through this unique rogue-lite metroidvania where the only way to save the multiverse is to end it.

Now on GOG!
I was looking forward to see this here!
Thanks to the development team and GOG to make it happen.
I was surprised by what I saw in the trailer (I don't remember if I saw it before on GOG, honestly), but it's interesting.
Quite a Metroidvania, even, it looks a bit like Metroid (at least it looks that way to me). To the wishlist, thanks to Angry Mob Games and GOG! :)
Trinity is a pretty good continuation of the KDE 3.5 legacy, but if I had a nickle for every time I saw a dark sci-fi story starring a character whose manner of dress is inappropriate to a hostile environment, I'd have a Scrooge McDuck vault. At least this lass doesn't do the really dumb thing of wearing high heels.
dnovraD: Trinity is a pretty good continuation of the KDE 3.5 legacy, but if I had a nickle for every time I saw a dark sci-fi story starring a character whose manner of dress is inappropriate to a hostile environment, I'd have a Scrooge McDuck vault. At least this lass doesn't do the really dumb thing of wearing high heels.
To quote Zoolander: Did you ever think that maybe there’s more to life than being really, really, really ridiculously good looking?
I don't know how a game can be called a metroidvania and "A rogue-lite journey through the multiverse The various branches of the multiverse are always changing. Fight through a combination of procedurally-generated levels". They are literally mutually exclusive by definition.

It may be a fine action platformer (it looks like it), but it can't be a metroidvania.
Post edited 4 days ago by mqstout
mqstout: I don't know how a game can be called a metroidvania and "A rogue-lite journey through the multiverse The various branches of the multiverse are always changing. Fight through a combination of procedurally-generated levels". They are literally mutually exclusive by definition.

It may be a fine action platformer (it looks like it), but it can't be a metroidvania.
It could be in a sense that some sections of those procedural generated levels are only accessible after unlocking certain skills or pieces of equipment in an earlier play-through. Don't know if that is the case, just guessing. Maybe they just threw some buzz words in the description...
mqstout: I don't know how a game can be called a metroidvania and "A rogue-lite journey through the multiverse The various branches of the multiverse are always changing. Fight through a combination of procedurally-generated levels". They are literally mutually exclusive by definition.

Well, I played the demo earlier this year and it didn't play like one. At least there where no skills or gadgets that you needed to get to previously unreachable areas.

I'm not sure what to make of this game, really. The description and the (always unreliable) tags seem to throw so many things together: metroidvania, roguelite, constant progression, procedurally-generated, hand-crafted... it's not all mutually exclusive, but it feels a bit like "our game is all things to everyone" kind of marketing.

I'm also not quite sure how I feel about the graphics and designs. Some of it looks nice, some almost AI-ish and very "I've seen this before somewhere".
Wow, this looks pretty damn nice, at least from that trailer. Love the graphics too. I wish more game releases had trailers like this to showcase the scope their own games better. Wishlisted.

Oh, before I forget. Does anyone know what the replay value is? The game page has it around 11 hours. So I'm curious now, though it doesn't change anything I said above. :)
Breja: I'm not sure what to make of this game, really. The description and the (always unreliable) tags seem to throw so many things together: metroidvania, roguelite, constant progression, procedurally-generated, hand-crafted... it's not all mutually exclusive, but it feels a bit like "our game is all things to everyone" kind of marketing.

I'm also not quite sure how I feel about the graphics and designs. Some of it looks nice, some almost AI-ish and very "I've seen this before somewhere".
That last screenshot with all the green stuff felt just a little too on the nose to not be some kind of Metroid Prime reference, but I couldn't be sure since I've not played them.

Or perhaps the fusion subtitle is even less subtle than one thinks.
If this is at least half as good as it looks, I'm gonna have sooo much fun!

Of course it is not mutually exclusive. Just because you do not like the 'rogue-like' or 'rogue-lite' moniker does not change this.

What are the defining features of a Metroidvania? In most definitions, it involves utility-based exploration, progress, and non-linearity. That is, the game world usually consists of a large set of interconnected areas that you can unlock and explore after gaining new abilities. Most Metroidvanias are open world, allowing you to backtrack to acquire new skills and so on.

There is nothing here that states it cannot include rogue-like or -lite elements as well. The world can be procedurally created, it can have permadeath, and so on. What makes it a rogue-lite and not a rogue-like is that rogue-likes have turn-based movements, but then this game calls itself rogue-lite anyway.

If you do not agree, then provide the definitions of each and explain why they are 'mutually exclusive by definition'. Simply stating it does not make it true.

Edit - this is not even the first rogue-lite Metroidvania game. There are several others, such as Dead Cells, Sundered, Rogue Legacy 1 and 2, Patch Quest, and others. In itself, there are enough games in this genre that it can now be called a sub-genre of both rogue-likes and Metroidvanias.
Post edited 4 days ago by amok

amok: Of course it is not mutually exclusive. Just because you do not like the 'rogue-like' or 'rogue-lite' moniker does not change this.

Edit - this is not even the first rogue-lite Metroidvania game. There are several others, such as Dead Cells, Sundered, Rogue Legacy 1 and 2, Patch Quest, and others.
I do enjoy very much certain rogue-like/lite games. There's an extreme overabundance of then and the vast majority are garbage, or those games would be much better if they were redone as a traditional game. But, despite your ramblings, that and this genre are indeed mutually exclusive. Dead Cells (a just OK game to me), for instance, wasn't "metroidvania" at all either.
Post edited 3 days ago by mqstout
amok: Of course it is not mutually exclusive. Just because you do not like the 'rogue-like' or 'rogue-lite' moniker does not change this.

Edit - this is not even the first rogue-lite Metroidvania game. There are several others, such as Dead Cells, Sundered, Rogue Legacy 1 and 2, Patch Quest, and others.
mqstout: I do enjoy very much certain rogue-like/lite games. There's an extreme overabundance of then and the vast majority are garbage, or those games would be much better if they were redone as a traditional game. But, despite your ramblings, that and this genre are indeed mutually exclusive. Dead Cells (a just OK game to me), for instance, wasn't "metroidvania" at all either.
Again, just saying that they are 'mutualy exclusive' does not make it so. WHY are they mutualy exclusive
Post edited 3 days ago by amok