It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic FPS is back on modern computers thanks to the efforts of GOG and Nightdive Studios! Play a game based on the cult fantasy series by Robert Jordan and set in his rich fantasy universe.
Genre: Action, RPG, Strategy
Discount: 10% off until 13th April 2022, 1 PM UTC

Want to know more about The Wheel of Time? Watch the interview with one of the game’s original creators, Glen Dahlgren, performed by kilg0re_tr0ut on his channel on 6th April, at 6 PM UTC.
low rated
I had almost put it in cart despite the price. Then I saw that it only comes in English on GOG. I am sorry, but my instant-buy-will vanished. (a pity)
Thought I'd never see that in digital distribution because of the licensing rights! Awesome!

Multiplayed Citadel mode sounded really awesome. Also I think I played the demo back then, but never got the full game...
dadiddy: I had almost put it in cart despite the price. Then I saw that it only comes in English on GOG. I am sorry, but my instant-buy-will vanished. (a pity)
Might want to keep an eye (or two) on this thread.
Cool. Figure this is fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJtFXTIEwYQ
Post edited April 06, 2022 by AnimalMother117
This was one of the best multiplayer on LAN with friends experiences I've had. Thanks for bringing it to DRM free digital.

Now if I could get an Alien versus Predator 2 release here...
Dangit! I forgot how hard that game was. Finished the first level on Normal with 2 LP and no spells left. Getting shredded in the second map the moment i step on that balcony. Did i have to fight every trolloc or can i just run past some/most of them? Cant remember ...

Besides my incapability of playing this right ... still looks good, runs well under D3D.
@GOG the game is missing it's own sub-forum.
alexandros050: @GOG the game is missing it's own sub-forum.
No it doesn't.

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_wheel_of_time
ok, the store page link is wrong
Post edited April 06, 2022 by Dogmaus
It's funny because during the weekend I was thinking of old games I wanted to be available on GOG, and although I never played it nor read the books, this game came into my mind. And now here it is!

I knew it existed, but I know nothing of it. From the pics and gameplay videos I watched it seems interesting. It's certainly not the game I wanted the most to appear here, but I'm glad it did. For now, into the wishlist it goes.
idbeholdME: One more thing.

Seeing as the partnership with Nightdive seems to be flourishing, let me once again bring up the somewhat obscure FPS from 1998 - Z.A.R.

It's currently published only on the S platform by Nightdive. If possible, could you please bring it here too? An oldie like that would fit here perfectly (and I'd finally be able to get it :) ).

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/zar
I would also add all those Humongous games. Since Return of Monkey Island is the new hype, let's ride Ron Gilbert's bandwagon.
Ingsoc85: Question to those who played it before:

Would it spoil the books for me if I only read the first two?
No.

I have read the books (all of them), and even bought this game back when it was first released. While I never finished it I did get pretty far (going to guess about all but the last 3 "levels"/"chapters").

If you have only read the first two (which I am taking to be "The Eye of the World" and "The Great Hunt") then while places, names, etc. might be familiar that is the extent of the overlap.

I would even go so far as to say that while it uses the setting and such, as far as I know it is its own "alternative" story because as far as I can tell there is no reference to any of the characters or events during any of the books.

In short, you can play this and enjoy it for the romp through the WoT world that it is and not worry about anything else being spoiled.
most exciting release in some time! thanks Nightdive and GOG

I reached out to a few people / companies regarding the game back in 2014, nothing happened then obviously. I assume the TV show played a big role in kickstarting this re-release.

Glaucos: I would also add all those Humongous games. Since Return of Monkey Island is the new hype, let's ride Ron Gilbert's bandwagon.
Certainly! ;) And the missing languages for Pajama Sam games already here.
Post edited April 06, 2022 by tfishell
dadiddy: I had almost put it in cart despite the price. Then I saw that it only comes in English on GOG. I am sorry, but my instant-buy-will vanished. (a pity)
Swedrami: Might want to keep an eye (or two) on this thread.
Thank you! This leaves the ethic question, if I support the unwanted behaviour of only offering English versions or am fine with possibly illegal language patches.

Your hint is a big help to see the whole situation and maybe I buy the Wheel of Time if a language patch becomes available. Thank you again.
Berzerk2k2: No it doesn't.

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_wheel_of_time
Thanks.. Seems that the link in the store page then doesnt work. That's what I clicked and I thought they didn't create one.