It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Simple, charming, beloved.

<span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span>, a cult favorite entry in the legendary urban-planning and city-building sim series, is available now with a 50% discount, DRM-free on GOG.com

The SimCity series was a smash-hit since its very first appearance in 1989, but it wasn't until until a decade later that SimCity 3000 took that design to an all-time high in terms of complexity vs. accessibility, as well as pure charm.

The core gameplay will be familiar no matter which entry in the series you've played before — you'll be managing your city's zones, budget, ordinances, and the many often conflicting needs of your SimCitizens. SimCity 3000 improves on its predecessor with a mixture of new elements to manage and better accessibility – this is the title that first introduced advisors into the series. The Unlimited re-release further expanded the game with new types of architecture, challenging scenarios, new disasters, and so much more.

An efficient and complex metropolis is the end goal, but on your way there you'll spend countless of hours living and breathing the city — and this is where SimCity 3000 truly shines and stands out from the crowd. It's a pleasant and accessible experience — from the memorable jazzy soundtrack (one of the best ever, check it out below), clean and still-beautiful presentation, to that delicate balance of just enough to worry about without overwhelming players with excessive information and data.

Return to <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> now DRM-free on GOG.com! The 50% launch discount will The 50% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
shoptroll: Hey GOG, do you have the bonus landmarks that were originally available through the official website? If not, would you like copies of the self-extracting zips so they can be added as optional goodies in the future?
I think a lot of would want it :D
Which version of sim city had FMV?
Cavenagh: Which version of sim city had FMV?
There was a CD-ROM version of the original that was published by Interplay which had a bunch of FMV sequences that would pop-up on regular intervals based on the city's conditions.
No matter what other people say, in my humble opinion, this is the very best SimCity out there! Thank You GOG!!!!! :)
Amazing, thanks for bringing attention to the soundtrack too, what a listen.
Can't wait to play this!
Bouchart: Does anyone have a list of the differences between Simcity 3000 and Simcity 3000 Unlimited Edition?
You could've just checked WIki. Here's a C&P

In 2000, the game was re-released under different names in different regions, such as SimCity 3000 Unlimited (in North America and Oceania), SimCity 3000 Deutschland (Germany), SimCity 3000 UK Edition (UK & Ireland) and SimCity 3000 World Edition (other countries), among others. This added, among other things, East Asian and European building sets, additional terrain colors and vegetation types, a snapshot feature, additional music, an improved version of the Building Architect Tool (a pseudo-3D design tool based on cubes), four additional disasters (such as locusts and space junk), additional landmarks (like the Seoul Tower and Helsinki Cathedral), new reward buildings, thirteen scenarios (along with an editor based on Microsoft Access) and a new FMV intro. Premade cities are also available, including (London and Liverpool for the UK), Berlin (with the Berlin Wall), Madison, Madrid, Moscow and Seoul. The game also includes city terrains based on the geography of real cities, including Hong Kong and Chicago. At the time of the game's release, EA launched a website for Simcity 3000 Unlimited which allowed users to exchange their creations. The site, formerly located at www.simcity.com/us/exchange/ (for North American territories), is no longer available and can only be accessed with an archiving tool.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by freelancewolf
Lin545: Loki (I think) has officially ported SC3k to Linux...

Dear GOG ... please! We promise to be good and obidient! :)

phaolo: SimCity 3K's UI looks a bit fugly.. is this sequel good?
Do you suggest this, even if I already have SimCity 2K and SimCity 4?
Lin545: SC3k is in essence a SC2k with modern graphics and much more options. If you love SC2k then get it. If you love SC4 and play SC2k rarely, then probably don't. Eitherway, girls and older machines really like SC3k easiness on management and GPU load.
Get all the honnies with the SC Triple!
Started a new city and got to bankruptcy in less than 5 years, I sure forgot how to play this game
Matewis: Just a quick confirmation that the game seems to be running fine on my win7 laptop. The intro video didn't show, and when I started an actual game I had to minimize and maximize the game first. But other than that it seems to be working fine!
Intro videos are coded using Quicktime. You need to have Quicktime (or the codec?) installed for the video to show. At least, that's how it worked with the cd version.
The only thing I can think of that would make Simcity 3000 even better (at least for us Aussies), would be the special Australian version that came with some notable Australian landmarks. I'll still buy the game, but I will miss those landmarks...
ssokolow: 4. One copy of SimCity 2000 Network Edition (boxed)
12. Streets of SimCity
Incognita97: This is fantastic! You have quite the collection. Enough to start a small SimCity/Maxis museum display. ( I, too, own Streets of SimCity. Played that game so much even though it was buggy and crashed all the time. Would be cool if someone fixed it and they could release it here.)
I remember thinking that driving in some of the cities of simcity 2000 would be something fun to do and someone pointed me to streets of simcity but I could never find it. Ever since though I've been amazed nobody thought that a city builder could be a perfect map making tool for 3d games, racers, shooters there are lots of things you could do yet as far as I am away streets is the only thing like it.
cerebropodrido: Started a new city and got to bankruptcy in less than 5 years, I sure forgot how to play this game
It always to takes me a while to start back up with these. ;P

Last time I played one was a year ago, and I was killing it, but take 12 months off and I'm a total idiot.
Last 5 hours i played it and cant stop!
This is a really fun game! But I wish there was a way to fix the slow menus. Apparently the compatibility patch doesn't work.
Just found out there is a real town, not too far from where I live, called Spread Eagle, Wisconsin. Look it up. :P

Think I found the name of my new SC3000 town! :D